• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Florida people: What to see/do while in Orlando....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
We're gonna be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary (a bit early) in May and revisiting the Disney/Orlando area. We are looking for some suggestions for some non-Disney attractions to fill a couple of days of our stay - anything near to Orlando too, we'll have a rental car. Also, recommendations for good restaurants in the Orlando area.

Shows, comedy, car-related, must see stuff..... Got any ideas?

Unfortunately, the XJ isn't coming along......

Thanks!
Troy

IIRC Jeep Beach is toward the end of May...that might be fun, just an hour or so from Orlando.
Post up on Florida Jeepers Forum

I'm sure some of the Orlando locals will have some suggestions....Orlando did have a booming down town night life when I was last there, I'm sure it hasnt changed. Concerts and games at the Orlando Arena(sp) or Citrus Bowl. Every theme park you could ever imagine. You could spend a casual day at sea world, one at disney too, the water parks might be open then too but I've never been there. Universal studios is another theme park. Heading out to that jeepbeach things sounds interesting to me. I might take the weekend off to go drive on the beach...

1) Kennedy Space Center is not too far. Good if you've never been.

2) Celebration U.S.A. .... a freaky place(at least for an urbanite), kinda Stepford-ish.

Thanks guys!

Sorry, forgot to mention when - Apr. 30 thru May 6.

Jeep Beach sounded interesting, but we won't be in Florida at that time.

Been to the Kennedy Space center before - I liked it, bored the wife to tears. Both of us would go back for a launch, but there aren't any scheduled that week.

Chuck's Trucks showed "Southern Truck Wars" that sounds like quite a show. Close to Orlando too. I've printed that info to use later.

Keep the ideas coming!

Troy

Doesn't Big Dady Don Garlets have a place north of Orlando? Like a meuseam? There is Pleasure Island. Sea World. There is international DR. And the Saloon and Rosies Down Town. Hmmmmm, those are off the top of my head. If you don't mind a short trip Tampa area has the Salvador Dali Meuseam.

St.Pete has the dali display, and pier, and nice beaches. Ft. Desoto state park has a neat old coastal defence fort.

Big daddy's drag racing meuseam(sp) is just 15 minutes south of my house, I havent been there yet but they say the display of cars is great...of course if your that close we'd have to take a little trail ride out to the pits...it isnt colorado but its the best climbing in florida...

but your not coming out here to ride...

St. Augustine is the oldest continually inhabited town in the US...IIRC...thats almost two hour drive from Orlando but its got a neat spanish fort and historic downtown.....lots of histerical stuff there....and its on the beach...and has a neat light house...

yellowxj said:
St. Augustine is the oldest continually inhabited town in the US...IIRC...thats almost two hour drive from Orlando but its got a neat spanish fort and historic downtown.....lots of histerical stuff there....and its on the beach...and has a neat light house...

This is true. That fort is neat. Dont forget gator land and or an airboat tour......

Orlando Downtown at Church streeet Station has the Improv for comedy if yer interested in that kind of thing, always a good show. International Drive is a kick in itself, but its bumper to bumper this time of year, but you've got Race Rock (race themed dining). Also consider dinner theatre. Arabian nights is an entertainment with a horse show. expensive but worth it, if you go, first get to a Winn-Dixie(grocery store here in the south) and join their shopping club(free) with that card you save like 15$,a ticket, so its worth it. Medieval Times is the same concept, but with Knights jousting and fighting while you eat dinner. these shows are about an hour and a half long. Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island is disney themed shopping and souvenirs etc. Pleasure Island is like 9 or 10 different bars/nightclubs to go to, including House of Blues, Planet Hollywood. And if you are up to a definate evening of entertainment, for about 75$ a ticket, go to Cirque du Soleil, definately worth the cost of admission, I promise. If you get up here to St. Augustine, thats a days worth of stuff to do, and if you drop me an email, I can get you some particular info if you'd like, maybe even some discounts. Do plan to spend the night though, for such a small town, it is loaded with stuff to do...... Hope this helps, email me, and I can give you more.....

wolfepack215 said:
Orlando Downtown at Church streeet Station has the Improv for comedy if yer interested in that kind of thing, always a good show. International Drive is a kick in itself, but its bumper to bumper this time of year, but you've got Race Rock (race themed dining). Also consider dinner theatre. Arabian nights is an entertainment with a horse show. expensive but worth it, if you go, first get to a Winn-Dixie(grocery store here in the south) and join their shopping club(free) with that card you save like 15$,a ticket, so its worth it. Medieval Times is the same concept, but with Knights jousting and fighting while you eat dinner. these shows are about an hour and a half long. Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island is disney themed shopping and souvenirs etc. Pleasure Island is like 9 or 10 different bars/nightclubs to go to, including House of Blues, Planet Hollywood. And if you are up to a definate evening of entertainment, for about 75$ a ticket, go to Cirque du Soleil, definately worth the cost of admission, I promise. If you get up here to St. Augustine, thats a days worth of stuff to do, and if you drop me an email, I can get you some particular info if you'd like, maybe even some discounts. Do plan to spend the night though, for such a small town, it is loaded with stuff to do...... Hope this helps, email me, and I can give you more.....
Do they still have Bigfoot 7 at race rock?

Baby Dolls
5526 S. Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32839

Crystal Cabaret
6605 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32810

Pure Platinum
5581 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32839

Centerfold Lounge
1824 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805

Temptations
2201 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805

Bourbon St. Centerfolds
4925 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809

Thee Playhouse
1295 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805

The Candy Bar
6606 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32810

Tootsie's
527 N. Semoran Blvd., Orlando, FL 32807

beatingcats said:
Baby Dolls
5526 S. Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32839

Crystal Cabaret
6605 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32810

Pure Platinum
5581 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32839

Centerfold Lounge
1824 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805

Temptations
2201 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805

Bourbon St. Centerfolds
4925 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809

Thee Playhouse
1295 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805

The Candy Bar
6606 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32810

Tootsie's
527 N. Semoran Blvd., Orlando, FL 32807

Umm didnt he say something aobut family? I dont think those are goo dfor family. Anything on OBT may be questionable.....

Ghost said:
Umm didnt he say something aobut family? I dont think those are goo dfor family. Anything on OBT may be questionable.....

It's aaaaaaallllllll about the OBT, baby!
Send the ball&chain/little bastards to Chuck Cheese's Whateveryoucall it and get your swerve on.
If you want real fun...drunken mud-runs are a PM away.
Who needs legal wheeling with a brake-light cutout switch?
Even when they do see your sharp turn off the road, few Caprice Classics came with 44" Boggers.
Needless to say, I park the nighttime stealth rig in the shop, or at least under a tarp.
Woot!

Back