• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Firewood

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Just wanted everyone to know that I'll be bringing more than enough kindling wood, mostly oak and poplar scraps from my shop. 4-5 large bins and a couple large boxes, all nice and dry. Didn't come close to using what I had at Winterfest, and we were trying to keep warm, there. Hopefully that won't be necessary this time.
:cheers: :flame: :cheers:

lesslimited said:
Just wanted everyone to know that I'll be bringing more than enough kindling wood,

John. Thanks, that will be helpful. Temps should be fine, but campfires add to atmosphere into the night. Wouldn't know it from last year though - 7 inches of rain pretty much did in anybody's fire plans.

Actually, I encourage anyone with room and a wood supply to bring some of your own stuff. The CG sells bundles, but, to be honest, it's not cheap and generally green. I plan on bringing a supply of oak myself.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Yep ... I bring out some Black Locust ... good stuff

Les

Beezil said:
why bring firewood when you can just burn all the indiana lift kits?

At least we are not using any Home Depot ACOS ... besides, White Oak makes real cool looking lift blocks. :farmer:

Les

If we need a windbreak down in that hole, we've got some serious problems. I may bring a small load of honey locust with me, it's been curing for a while.

Back