• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fireLt. candidate for Western Slope Director discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%! That's why we need someone who is gonna turn thier words into actions. So I guess that is my question for the potential Western Slope Director. What actions are you gonna take to promote more interaction and participation from the western slope members???
jeep head we need to go wheeling some time pm me lol

There are two trails I did recently in Grand Junction that i can't wait to do again, and this time in my own rig. 21 Road and Billings Canyon. Billings Canyon was a lot easier than it was made out to be but 21 Road had some narly arse rock. I flopped my neighbors Jeep twice on 21 Road and he broke his selectable hub later on in the trail.

More about me and why I am here, answers to questions.

I stepped up last year as Western Slope Director because I didn't see much action from us members on the West side. Nobody else was in the running and I didn't want to see the position go away. I spent last year learning the BOD and the ways of the chapter. I helped plan Co Fest and attended the entire event. The event was posted well in advance and yet nobody else from the Western Slope attended. I posted a couple of threads trying to get response from the West Slope members without much response. There was also a chapter run to Moab in May, I was the only West Slope guy there.
Jeephead I am glad you posted up with questions. At least I know there are 2 interested people on the West Slope. It would be nice if you and snow could bring some folks here and get them active by posting in threads etc. I want to plan a mini fest over a weekend when we can have a M&G and run some trails. I would like some East side guys to come over and participate. I figure GJ is the place since it's centrally located and has a variety of trails. I don't want to try and pull this off in the remainder of the year. With holidays and unpredictable weather I don't feel it would be best. I would also like to talk to the other BOD members before making a plan so I don't conflict with other plans.

Grand Junction is my hometown, haven't really wheeled there for about 12yrs. and when I did it was mostly in the desert. If and when you guys get something put together out there I would be interested in joining in!

I have enough vacation saved up that if I have a running rig and gas money I will be there.

I would love to do a little weekend thing with a meet&greet with some wheeling! I could definitely get the word out here in Junktown when everything is set up. I know all the guys at the local Off-Road shops and alot of my customers have XJ's and are always up for some wheeling!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back