• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fireLt. candidate for Western Slope Director discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Kevin, post your "About Me" here.

Members: post your questions for fireLt. in this thread.

About me.

My name is Kevin Kernen and I live in Craig. I have been a mamber here since 2005 and owned an XJ since 2004. I just recently purchased a second XJ to use for daily driver duty. I have been an avid outdoor and wheeling participant since I was a kid. I love the Colorado mountains and the opportunities they present. I am married to a wonderful woman and have 2 growing boys. They also enjoy the outdoors with the same enthusiasim as I do. I am a member of several offraod organizations such as the Blue Ribbon Coalition, Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association, and Unitied 4 Wheel Drive Association. I also serve my community as a part time Firefighter/EMT.
I have served 1 year as Western Slope Director. I was interested in the postion because there really wasn't anybody posting up in the forums from the West sdie. I was hoping to bring the Western Slope members into the Chapter more, but in reality there just isn't that many of us.
Over the past year I have been able to participate in some of the chapter acitivities. I have been able to attend 3 of 4 BOD meetings and helped plan Colorado Fest. I enjoyed meeting people at Colorado Fest and wheeling some great trails. Some of you folks have become good friends.
I look forward to serving another term if elected. I would like to meet more of you guys and share time on the trail, or around a campfire. I will do my best to make chapter events fun and enjoyable. I will do what I can to promote a positive image for the offroad community and NAXJA.

Thanks!

and what would you do better this time than the last term? what could be improved on? not saying any thing is wrong just playing devil's advocate here

I think I should reach out to the Western Slope members more, get a meet and greet going, trail run, etc. Get the West side as a whole involved more. I have an offer from one of the the guys in the Grand Valley that wants to help out doing just that. I am going to take him up on that since the Grand Valley is a central location with some great trails.
I would also like to see the Colorado Fest information posted sooner. Thats easier said than done. A good deal of planning has to happen to pull off en event like that.

i like your plan here. its good to see some one with a little drive after being BOD for a term :p ........just playin guys. but this does seem like a good plan and dually feasible. its about time to see this club get motivated!!!

Other than what you have said, what can the BOD and membership do to make the Western Slope better?

What is your opinion of doing some more Western Slope events/runs?

What would be ideal is one of the quarterly m&g would be in Grand Junction. Grand J is centrally located for the West Slope guys and esay to get to for any East side guys that want to come. There is a variety of trails there that could be ran. Maybe even a "mini fest" over a weekend would be good too.
All I need from the rest of the BOD is support to make it work. I feel like I would have that support.

What would be ideal is one of the quarterly m&g would be in Grand Junction. Grand J is centrally located for the West Slope guys and esay to get to for any East side guys that want to come. There is a variety of trails there that could be ran. Maybe even a "mini fest" over a weekend would be good too.
All I need from the rest of the BOD is support to make it work. I feel like I would have that support.

i really like this idea!!!

I think I should reach out to the Western Slope members more, get a meet and greet going, trail run, etc. Get the West side as a whole involved more. I have an offer from one of the the guys in the Grand Valley that wants to help out doing just that. I am going to take him up on that since the Grand Valley is a central location with some great trails.
I would also like to see the Colorado Fest information posted sooner. Thats easier said than done. A good deal of planning has to happen to pull off en event like that.
x2 i well help out anyway i also have about 10 cherokees to get a greet together and help out anyway i can and i vote for fire as the winner but well help him anyway i can cause were like the also western slope guys

i also would like to add i have a great location for a meet n greet i live next to the brewery parking lot and i know they would let us use it. i well help fire anyway i can. also would like to see u denver guys show up here we have trails in a 360 direction within 30 mins

Many may have met you but don't remember. How about if you post up a pix of yourself and one of your rig.

love it, lets make it happen.

Is there time and weather permitting us getting it done yet this year?

I joined this forum hoping to meet and wheel with more XJ owners on the western slope. That, unfortunately has not happened! Every time an event or meet & greet or trail ride gets set up or scheduled it seems that I sit at a parking lot waiting for someone to show up. :( HOW would you try to involve the members on this side of the mountain with events and ensuring follow up? The only event that I have had the satisfaction of enjoying has been the Fall Fling in Moab the past 2 years, and that is an event that is put together by the So-Cal chapter. Moab is our backyard, I think it's time for us to contribute a little more. Sorry- Just my 2 cents.

well you cant make people do anything, but i know i would love to get out and wheel with you guys. even in the GJ/montrose area, you guys have some killer wheeling, and trails i havent been on. it would be cool to have a front range invasion of the west slope weekend for sure!

I know you can't MAKE people go. But, when someone starts a thread and sets up a run or event or meet & greet and says everything is a go, then you show up and all you have is dust swirling all around you. So I am very hesitant about future activities on the western slope. I know I am ALL for getting the gang together. :rof:

well i know once i have a rig that should be ok out there on the trails you guys have, I will be trying to get a group out there to meet up with you guys.
its hard to plan things out one week in advance, i think trips like that need ot be like the moab trip, planned out well in advance and give plenty of notice so no excuses ya know

I agree 100%! That's why we need someone who is gonna turn thier words into actions. So I guess that is my question for the potential Western Slope Director. What actions are you gonna take to promote more interaction and participation from the western slope members???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back