• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally finished my XJ rockrails today. *Pics Galore* 56k go eat some hay.

The only improvement I would suggest is the use of 1"x1"x.120" square tube on the pinch rail.It will fit perfectly to the radius and add alot more strength!When I built mine I could actually jack the side with only the 1x1 in place!

Last edited:
They look very nice, but I was wondering why you ran the angle iron with the flat side down instead of resting on the rocker where it could provide more support? Word to the wise on Duplicolor spary bedliner, use primer underneath!! It does not hold up well and rust forms under it pretty quickly if you get a chip or scratch. That has been my experience anyway. Again, nice looking rails! JP

JKTXJ said:
They look very nice, but I was wondering why you ran the angle iron with the flat side down instead of resting on the rocker where it could provide more support? Word to the wise on Duplicolor spary bedliner, use primer underneath!! It does not hold up well and rust forms under it pretty quickly if you get a chip or scratch. That has been my experience anyway. Again, nice looking rails! JP

For one,the square edge of angle iron will not butt up to the pinch seam and the botton of the rocker panel!

JKTXJ said:
I thought of that, but I figured it didn't really matter too much since the top of the angle iron is a good 1/4" away from the rocker panel. And plus, the angle iron provides protection to the bolts from those pointy rocks.......... :laugh:

I see the pics now that I'm at home on my pc. Very nice rock sliders, I like the Duplicolor on them as well. I think my bro would be interested in a set of those. His modem has been acting up so he hasn't been on here for 3 days now, but I will show him your sliders. So can you make up another set? How much are they like the ones pictured? I wonder how much shipping will be since you're in NJ and we're in CA? About how much do they weigh? Nice fab job.

dbxj said:
He probably can't see the pics because that webserver runs on port 81 instead of the standard HTTP port 80. His corp. firewall is probably blocking inbound/outbound traffic on 81, as does mine (on purpose).

If you get the chance, I would like to see some pics of your trimming, both front and rear. It looks very clean in the rock rail pictures.

Also, nice work on the rails. If you end up making a few more sets, I'd probably be interested.

Same with where I work.

This will let you see the pic's :D :D http://cherokee.groundclearance.com/albums/

Big Red said:
I see the pics now that I'm at home on my pc. Very nice rock sliders, I like the Duplicolor on them as well. I think my bro would be interested in a set of those. His modem has been acting up so he hasn't been on here for 3 days now, but I will show him your sliders. So can you make up another set? How much are they like the ones pictured? I wonder how much shipping will be since you're in NJ and we're in CA? About how much do they weigh? Nice fab job.
I guess $190 plus shipping is what i'll run with as far as price goes. I have no idea what shipping will be, but they are pretty heavy. Maybe 40 pounds total. I really have no idea.

Let me know.

RCP Phx said:
For one,the square edge of angle iron will not butt up to the pinch seam and the botton of the rocker panel!

It doesn't? :huh:

picture 333.jpg

JKTXJ said:
It doesn't? :huh:

picture 333.jpg
It "will not" bolt up flush,only the .120" square tube has a radius that matches!

What the heck is going on here, my head is spinning.

Ok so let me get this straight about the hole .120 thing. Now, on my rails, where there mount to the pinch, its a small square tubing, is that good or bad. Yours in the pic looks like the same size, only instead of square its just angle iron.
What do you mean the square tubing has the radius to mount flush with the pinch and floor.

MSHarnett said:
What the heck is going on here, my head is spinning.

Ok so let me get this straight about the hole .120 thing. Now, on my rails, where there mount to the pinch, its a small square tubing, is that good or bad. Yours in the pic looks like the same size, only instead of square its just angle iron.
What do you mean the square tubing has the radius to mount flush with the pinch and floor.
What I THINK he is trying to say is this. If you look at 1x1 square tubing you will see that on the corners, there is a slightly rounded look. On angle iron, the corner is more sharp, and not as round as the square tube. Get it? :dunno:

That plus the thicker the wall the larger the radius,thats what makes the .120" match the rocker/pinch seam!

How much would you want for a pair of those? Those things are sick looking nice job all around. Those are the best looking slides I have seen any where

Back