• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculined my XJ today (write-up)

DBenz said:
Also, if you did plan on reusing the carpet, how did you get around those little tie down things on the floor of the cargo area? There are 4 I believe. I was thinking of cutting an "X" shape around them, but we pulled a friends carpet today (Reichy) and they didn't budge and held the carpet on them.
In my case, it was easy. My XJ doesn't have any tie-down things. :D

DBenz said:
Is anyone out there putting their carpet back in after they put herculiner in? I plan on doing this, because mine's a 97 and would still like it to look a bit presentable inside, with the ability to remove the carpet and dry it without worrying about the floors rusting in case of water.

Also, if you did plan on reusing the carpet, how did you get around those little tie down things on the floor of the cargo area? There are 4 I believe. I was thinking of cutting an "X" shape around them, but we pulled a friends carpet today (Reichy) and they didn't budge and held the carpet on them.
If you are dead set on putting carpet back in, then just cut small slits so you can wedge the carpet back in. I did that on mine when I took it out because I was planning on reinstalling it, but I don't think I will. It won't look as bad as you think without the carpet. If you line it black, then you'll be even less able to notice.

I lined my floor a few weeks ago, you will notice that the passenger compartment gets a lot hotter on the inside with out the carpet. Just some FYI.
I have some pics of my XJ with the entire floor cut out, but I can't figure out how to post them??

Last edited:
mike01166 said:
Mambeu can you post some pics of it all done with the seats and everything back in? thanks
Just took these. Sorry about the mess, but the XJ hasn't been unpacked from Saturday's wheeling.

272_7220.jpg

272_7221.jpg

The rest of the pics uploaded without resizing; you can see them in this album.

Back