• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finalized: WP Tube Doors are done! (pics inside)

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
The tube doors are done. They look pretty good.

Let me head off a couple questions off here.
1. 2 doors coming soon...
2. Rear doors coming soon...
3. Don't know if they fit 97+ yet...
4. Mesh inserts and padding/zipper-pocket kits coming soon...
5. Not currently offering a mirror solution, I suggest getting a TJ mirror set from eBay or OMIX-ADA.

Door sitting slightly open...
door1.jpg

Striker change, simple twist in...
door4.jpg

Door close up...
door3.jpg

My set sitting on the squatter
door2.jpg

I'll post a link where they are available without feelin guilty. After all, no one will get back to me about letting me send them money/product to run a banner ad.
http://www.rjroffroad.com/Warrior-Safari-Tube-Doors-For-Jeep-Cherokee-4dr-front-pr-16952.html

Last edited:
the results are AMAZING. you bet i will strongly consider the product when my next paycheck comes in.

Starboard M said:
What kind of handle is that?

Whats the inside handle look like? Do you have to reach out the door to open it?

It's a handle just like whats in a Jeep Wrangler soft door, has a latch inside and out. The inside latch handle is like a J shaped lever you pull on. I dunno if you've ever seen what's in a TJ/YJ/CJ soft door, but its identical.

wow, those look nice!

WheelinJR said:
Note: Cherokee doors require hinge modification, and installation of supplied door striker.

Can you elaborate? I assume you mean the post the latch catches on, right? And these doors require replacing that post? Will they have to be changed back to reinstall hard doors?

Just curious...

Robert

You need to show details on how the post goes into the old hinge. The pin is small that holds that together, the reason it works on stock doors is cause the main hinge plate that is welded on goes between 2 pieces of the other hinge with a small pin. Also going to the pin you have everything is beefy but the pins them selves. The door looks good. However, I would have bought up or made a bunch of oem style hinges and have a solid plate run from the top to the bottom of both. I do like your handle. what holds the pins into position? can they bounce out. It kinda reminds me of those old bumpers people made for looks with tow points, but then it stated they are not made for towing they are made for looks. What thickness tubing and is it DOM or HREW. This is meant to be good criticism. Please don't take it wrong, It is a great looking door.

Last edited:
OOOoooo cant wait for the 2 door version of 97+ to come out!

caglezxj said:
You need to show details on how the post goes into the old hinge. The pin is small that holds that together, the reason it works on stock doors is cause the main hinge plate that is welded on goes between 2 pieces of the other hinge with a small pin. Also going to the pin you have everything is beefy but the pins them selves. The door looks good. However, I would have bought up or made a bunch of oem style hinges and have a solid plate run from the top to the bottom of both. I do like your handle. what holds the pins into position? can they bounce out. It kinda reminds me of those old bumpers people made for looks with tow points, but then it stated they are not made for towing they are made for looks. What thickness tubing and is it DOM or HREW. This is meant to be good criticism. Please don't take it wrong, It is a great looking door.

Trust me much was taken into consideration when choosing the hinge style.

Yes, there is a double shear to the factory pin, but many people are cutting the lower ear off to have quick remove doors, and I haven't seen any posts about people having the pins break.

We basically decided to do it this way because of the poll thread I posted here and the response from the NAXJA crowd, with all the guys wanting to do the lift off doors anyways, and its a real pain to keep re-aligning the bolt on plates. However, on these the striker does take the weight of the door, as well as the pins, so I think they're going to hold up fine.

The tubing is 1.25x.095" wall. It's not DOM, just your basic seamed mild goodness.

Robert 771 said:
Can you elaborate? I assume you mean the post the latch catches on, right? And these doors require replacing that post? Will they have to be changed back to reinstall hard doors?

Just curious...

Robert

Yes, you have to unscrew the factory striker pin, and thread the supplied one in. Its very simple.

Having to change the pin back and forth would probably turn me off from these. One of the things I liked best about my old tube doors was the change from hard to tube in roughly 30 seconds or less.

Also the pin setup looks odd to me...the door has a nice shape though.

jeepjay90 said:
will the supplied striker pin work when i put my hard doors back on?

no it is too large. you will have to switch back and forth. its quite easy though. takes well under a minute to lift off one door, change the striker, and slide the other door on.

97+ model coming?

Back