• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

(poll) Tube doors are coming!

Which Mirror Option

• Total voters
i'd be down for a 2 dr version. reusing the stock xj mirrors would seem like a good option to keep costs down. but i think the tj mirrors make a great option as long as they are quick release

I agree fully, I would definately be lookin into a set if/when they become available for a 2 dr... if I havent made my own by then already. I think some key points to catch people would definately be the already mentioned removeable top half, optional mirrors (maybe make it possible to install a mirror mount on the door itself, but a bit of an offset inward, so it wouldnt extend past the outside of the door, to keep them from getting caught on trees and such for those who are concerned with it).

Let me just kill this one right away. There is no discussion, and will never really be one of a top half, its just not what we do.

Also, I will get a 2 door in here, eventually! I'll also be looking into getting a 97+ in here too to see if they are different or if the 84-96 ones fit.

Also, for the guy that already ordered a set. Metal comes monday, and the build starts. We're a little behind, so expect 2-3weeks. Might be sooner if I get more orders and pressure to get them done, but they are timely to build.

Is the mesh a metal mesh or fabric? and I didnt see a part # for the mesh.

Sounds good. Finaly someone who is making a door that I like. I will be placing my order on Monday.

An update for everyone, most specifically whoever ordered a set.

6 sets are in production, I took it upon myself to build them so they didn't have to wait forever.

Anyways, all the tubing is cut and bent, theres some coping to be done. All the pieces minus a bracket, and the pins are ready to go. I still need to spend some time on the lathe, and program the turrett punch for a bracket before they go to welding.

Probably a couple more weeks realistically before they're shipping. We'll probably do an official announcement of the part to all of our vendors soon, and announce the mesh covers then too. I will personally keep NAXJA updated when the mesh kits, padding kits, rear doors, and 2 door stuff is available.

Update for those of you with orders, and I guess to those of you without.

The building is done, they are in welding. The door strikers are waiting for Zinc plating, and once the doors are welded they will have to go to powder coat.

There are still 3 more sets not claimed in this batch.

Thanks for the update. I cant wait, I ordered mine on Tuesday.

Actually you ordered them last wednesday, heh.

Production manager told me the Zinc was leaving the building today, and the doors are next in line for welding. Should go to powdercoat Tuesday, be back Thursday, and start shipping out on Friday!

Last edited:
Any 2 door stuff?

I would go with the old CJ style mirrors. Cheap, easy to replace when they get bashed because you forgot to remove them, and they are easier to adjust from what I've seen.

WheelinJR said:
Actually you ordered them last wednesday, heh.

Production manager told me the Zinc was leaving the building today, and the doors are next in line for welding. Should go to powdercoat Tuesday, be back Thursday, and start shipping out on Friday!

Ooops your right, I cant keep my days straight. Starting to ship next Friday, thats great. Thanks for all the updates.

Back