• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flares or mudd Flaps??

ARGLE707

NAXJA Forum User
I got pulled over today... bc of my orginal fender flares are not wide enough for my 33' tires... soo... what is better?? flares or flaps??:dunno:
thanks, suggestions apperciated

atleast if you add fender flairs you"ll be able to open up the wheelwells so they'll be able to accept the larger tires.

Depends on what you're after. Are you looking just to satisfy the law or looking to actually keep from flinging mud/rocks at others.

basically to keep it legal..... not fan of either but well do what i got do to keep the rig legal... thanks everyone

flares and mud flaps both serve a different purpose. the flares keep you from throwing debris up and out to the sides, mudflaps keep you from throwing debris rearward. I'm not just talking mud and stuff stuck in the tires, small rocks and things on the road get tossed up too. I think the DOT wants flaps on there if the centerline of the tire is below the lowest part of the rear of the wheel well, and flares have to cover any part of the tire that extends outside the wheel well.

Your local laws may differ though so as stated above it's best to check. your state's DMV website should have that info available for you.

basically to keep it legal..... not fan of either but well do what i got do to keep the rig legal... thanks everyone
There's a number of ways to do up some mudflaps on a quick release mount. My tires are almost completely covered by my trimmed stock rear flares. I've been meaning to get some flaps to catch rocks so I don't have to worry about putting a stone through a motorcyclist.

Back