• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Farmboys & Sheep!!! Lets Party!!!

FarmerMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Fourth of July is coming up fast & the farm will be opened up once again to my jeeping buddys. We have been known to blow things up, cut things up, & to set a few things on fire. Everyone is invited. If you're new & would like to get to know some of the club members than this is a great way to do it. We live in the middle of no where & have plenty of room for tents, campers or what ever sleeping arrangements you need if you want to crash for the night. I'll be BBQing meat for everyone & providing water & sodas, but it would be nice if you guys bring sides & salads. Chips & salsa are always good. Beer never hurts either.

The party this year has a second meaning as well. This will also be the Vikings going away party. Many of you know that I'm hosting a forign exchange student this year from Norway. I met him through NAXJA & he goes by NXJ on these boards. He's been with us since August & has met many of you this year. His school year is done & his parents are here to haul him home (kicking & screaming). They will all still be here for this party so we're going to send them off with the celebration of our indipendence!!

Who's coming?

Directions;

Directions from the north near 99 (North of Madera):
Take 99 south to Ave. 18 ½, which is just north of Madera. At the off-ramp drive straight across 18 1/2 & onto Rd. 23. You'll stay straight on Rd. 23 (south) for approx. 11 1/2 miles until you reach Ave. 7 (stop sign). Turn right (west) on Ave. 7. You’ll stay on Ave. 7 for approx. 8 ½ miles. The last crossroad will be Rd. 16. We are 1 ½ miles past Rd. 16. There will be 2 mailboxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted under them on the right hand side of Ave. 7 (north side). Turn right (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

Directions from the north on I5 (Bay area):
Take I5 south to the Firebaugh turn off / Nees Ave. Take Nees Ave. into Firebaugh. At the first stoplight you come to (hwy 33) take a right. At the very next intersection (stop light) you’ll want to take a left. This is 13th street, which will also turn into Ave. 7½. Continue out of town on Ave. 7½. After approx. 5 miles Ave. 7½ will split into Ave. 7 & Ave. 12. At this split you’ll want to stay to the right & head towards Fresno & be on Ave. 7. Approx. 4 miles after the split you’ll see a large shop / equipment complex on the left (north) side of Ave. 7. Our driveway is ½ mile past the shop on the north side of the road. There are 2 mail boxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted below them. Turn left (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

Directions from south 99 (Fresno & south):
Take 99 north through Fresno. The off-ramp will be Ave. 7, which is the next off-ramp after Herndon. Turn left (west) on Ave. 7. You’ll continue west on Ave. 7 for approx. 18 ½ miles. . The last crossroad will be Rd. 16. We are 1 ½ miles past Rd. 16. There will be 2 mailboxes side by side with a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle mounted under them on the right hand side of Ave. 7 (north side). Turn right (north) on this dirt road. We are the second house back & approx. ½ mile north of Ave. 7.

This is the address for those that want to map quest it.
14515 Ave. 7
Madera, Ca 93637
The best way to get a hold of me is on my cell with any questions or concerns @ (559) 706-8627. If I don't answer than leave a message & I will get back to you!

Sheepfest? I'm in this year. ;)

I've got room for 3 (or 2 if Cracker comes) out of LA, if you want to carpool.

Last edited:
A five hour drive is too much for me, but it sounds fun.

WraithKWK said:
A five hour drive is too much for me, but it sounds fun.

Matts summer BBQ is supposed to be one of the highlight events of the year. ;)

It's worth the drive, believe me. I'm only two hours away, tho...

Matt - thanks for making it on Saturday! My wife has the week of the Fourth off, wants to do something with our kids and their wives for that Friday - maybe I can talk her into coming along this year...? Gawd knows I've been trying...

(I know a lot of you are wondering what sort of woman would put up with me for the last eleven years!:laugh2: :roflmao: :eyes: :wierd:

bah...

no one from So*cal ever shows up...

Geoff and Ron dont count... :scottm:

Matt, we will not be able to come. Lake Powell is calling. Say HI and GOOD LUCK to the "Viking". Tell his parents that they have raised a really nice person and we wish him the best in life. I have a feeling we will meet him again in the future. I think rockcrawling is in his blood. We sure enjoyed having him on the couple of trips.

Rich and Cork

OlMan said:
Matt, we will not be able to come. Lake Powell is calling. Say HI and GOOD LUCK to the "Viking". Tell his parents that they have raised a really nice person and we wish him the best in life. I have a feeling we will meet him again in the future. I think rockcrawling is in his blood. We sure enjoyed having him on the couple of trips.

Rich and Cork

Thanks Rich. I will pass on the message. His family are just as good people as he was. Over the year he became family to us & we're going to miss him very much, but I think you're right... This will not be the last we'll see of the Viking!!!

Is this a BYOS (Bring Your Own Sheep) event or will there be rentals?

Back