• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Experience with new motors?

whats all this ?

manual and site says to run all syn after 500
Too slippery.. won't help seat the rings. 1000+ miles plus is best. Usually after the first oil change is better. Also not good for cam breakin.

tossed that zinc stuff in today, swapped out my (to go in) syn oil for the
reg stuff and imma replace the fan clutch this weekned, figure **** it why not its easy enough and not to pricey.

after long drives the oil pressure hangs around 15 at idle, which is within spec. pulled into a spot today at school and the oil gauge went to just about ten :( that concerns me. imma borrow a mech gauge from somebody

That looks like 13 PSI to me, which is the factory minimum hot idle spec, and where mine has sat at hot idle for the last 4 years I've owned it.

What 10w30 are you running?

its when it smooches that 10 tick that worries me. if u look at the temp gauge ull see the angle this photos at. its kissing the ten in this pic.

not sure on the brand, mech had it in the shop. have castrol conv. 10w-40 for when it hits 500

What oil filter is on there? I'd definitely check it with a mechanical gauge.

As others have suggested, get a mechanical gauge on there to verify pressure. My 98 has 166k on it and last year my gauge reading was identical to yours. I replaced my original sending unit and my hot idle dash reading went to 25 psi. Bottom line, the sending units don't last and do yourself a favor and get one from Jeep. It's $20 more than aftermarket but you won't have to replace it again in 6 months. Mine has been in for over a year now with very consistent readings at the dash gauge.

i replaced my fan clutch and she seems be staying offa that ten mark now. hell i drove around San Luis city for like 20 mins aftet running errands yesterday solely to put her at 200 miles so i could swap the oil and it didnt get above 210. the press now hang like RIGHT on where id imagine the 13 would be haha

was getting a REALLY rough idle on cold starts. read about it, replaced my new o2 sensors with new new ones(read failing heating element can cause rough start), replaced a ugly posi battery terminal with a nice new one that has nuts for my accessories(opposed to having three wires all smashed on the thru nut), pulled the tb and cleaned a bunch of black smudges outta it, pulled the iat which looked fine but cleaned it and put it back anyways.

wa la, no more rough start :) dont know which one it was but who cares haha

ahhh damnit, so the rough start after sitting awhile seems to have not been fixed. i depressed my valve on the fuel rail one morning and nothing came out, leaking injector i suppose... gonna pull the coil pack when i have time wednesday and start sniffin plugs.

unfortunetly the rough idle returned... and each time is now followed by 30 or so seconds of a O so familar sutle knock(sounds excatly like the one i pulled always made)

ill be making a call to atk tomorrow to get thier thoughts on the matter

:( %#@$!!!

Back