• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expensive Comanche, take two

Would you buy this for 8K?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were debating Gold Canyon or Catalina...until the arrival of Grandkids. :rattle: Debate ended and a town we never even considered won.

We were debating Gold Canyon or Catalina...until the arrival of Grandkids. :rattle:
So was that to stay close to the grand kids:loveu:, or get far enough away from them :) ?

Hell, if I were going to build something like that, I'd be too busy driving the damn wheels off of it to try and selling it:loveu:

This!

i realize this is kind of a dead thread but i have to say, ive seen this thing in person, it perfect, everything is done perfectly. the guy who built it really went out of his way to make sure its right. i would have paid 8gs for it in a heart beat, deffinately worth the money if u wanted it as a daily driver that looked good and was comfortable to ride around in. maybe im just a jeep freak but my .02

I built my 97+ MJ for less than $2500 including buying both the MJ and XJ donors.

My truck was built right. I did not cut the MJ or XJ in half and weld them together. The only thing that was left to finish on my truck was to paint it. and have the headliner finished. Mine even had a working OHC that I cut 11" out of to fit in the truck. It even had a D44, 242, full Hellcreek 4.5" packs, and front DBs.

I sold it for $2500. I am building a new one. This one will have a 2500 front end. Anyone want to buy it for $6000?

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11834

I built my 97+ MJ for less than $2500 including buying both the MJ and XJ donors.

My truck was built right. I did not cut the MJ or XJ in half and weld them together. The only thing that was left to finish on my truck was to paint it. and have the headliner finished. Mine even had a working OHC that I cut 11" out of to fit in the truck. It even had a D44, 242, full Hellcreek 4.5" packs, and front DBs.

I sold it for $2500. I am building a new one. This one will have a 2500 front end. Anyone want to buy it for $6000?

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11834
Got any pics of that OHC setup? I will be doing the same eventually, already got the OHC just haven't decided where I'm cutting it. Can't decide if I want to take out the storage bins and shorten that portion or cut the back end off and use a heatgun to reshape the plastic frame. How'd you mount the back end? My plan is a 3" wide strip of 1/8" plate formed to hug the roof front to back, will also strengthen the antenna mount I'm probably going to install through the roof (don't worry, I'll be doing an NMO mount, not some redneck hack fabbed setup.)

Read through the build thread. The pics are in there.

Back