• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expensive Comanche, take two

Would you buy this for 8K?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Well last weeks poll was about $3800.00 for an '87 Comanche. This week I bring you:

$8000.00 for a "97" Comanche.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/1734794845.html
3nd3me3l95Y05Z15R0a5ab801b03a461c1ee8.jpg

3nc3kb3ma5V55T65U6a5a7d5383e00f6f18af.jpg

Last edited:
I'd hit it.

If I had 8000...I would loosely consider it.

that thing has been for sale forever, been posted here before.

I think its going to be like that XJ sitting on top of a 4x4 blazer frame that was on ebay for years, doomed to be for sale forever :D

In two words, HELL NO!!
Much like your previous poll, there is not enough function for the money. If you want pretty then 8k for a 1/4 or 3/8 ton is still way above a reasonable price for what you are getting.

yeah, that thing has been for sale off and on for about a year now, i think. too much money, imo. and the whole story about the vin and it getting re-titled as a '97 seems really fishy, i can't believe the dmv would just elect to do that. i emailed the guy when i first saw it for sale, asked some detailed questions......never had back from him period. it is nice looking though, but i dislike the removal of the cab vents, takes away from it's "comanchey-ness".

Last edited:
I emailed the guy when i first saw it for sale, asked some detailed questions......never had back from him period.

Same, must have been over a year ago now. But the guy never responded.

it is nice looking though, but i dislike the removal of the cab vents, takes away from it's "comanchey-ness".

Agreed, the vents are integral to the Comanche's look. It's just odd without them.

No clue when the conversion was done or how long it's been around. Another case of someone thinking that: cost of vehicle+cost of modifications=value of vehicle. I thought the "97" was humorous myself. I haven't spent a lot of time on Craigslist until the last couple weeks when I started looking for a cheeleader jeep.
...,and the whole story about the vin and it getting re-titled as a '97 seems really fishy, i can't believe the dmv would just elect to do that.
It's not fishy, and no, the DMV doesn't just do it. You have to request it. There's a procedure for titling a fabricated or substantially re-built vehicle that will get you a new VIN.

It looks nice but I wouldn't even consider it at that price.

...,He will have it forever.
I have to admit: Being stuck with a clean MJ upgraded to late XJ specs, isn't exactly hell.

Sad part is, he may be telling the truth when he says he has 10K in it.

I bet the guy wants to keep it but his wife is nagging him to sell it. So, sure enough he has it listed for sale with no intent to sell it ; p

Back