• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine studder...

anthony- really? i failed to see it. ill double check tomorrow. i went through trying to check the MAP today and all i concluded was that it was getting the power it needed. im sure there is some differences between years, and the link you gave me didnt seem to match mine. it could have been operator error though. haha. my manuel is MIA, so i couldnt find the wiring chematic for my particular year.

banditt007- sounds exactly like my symptoms. there is a code, but i havent pulled it. the jeep made it home and its sat there since. i question the O2 sensors as well, but have not messed with them. though i also hear an exhaust leak around the manifold, guessing a cracked header... my cat is rotted out and sounds like marbles, and i found holes/cracks in my muffler as well. im sure NONE of that is helping.

i need to get the code read, thatll be a good starting point. will update as i get more info.

I will pull my throttle body off in the morning hopefully and post a couple of pics to hopefully help show you what I mean. As for your exhaust... I would lose the cat and just throw a test pipe in for now. I would save your nice cat for when you get the full exhaust done... here in MI you can slide without a cat for now. I would simply try to rule out all the stupid little things.

Another thought: the OBDII computer system has A LOT of fail safes. for example: an O2 sensor goes bad it resorts to a base tune (fuel flow, spark table etc) to get you home. It does different tunes based on different codes. So the cheap way to diag some of this would be to unplug say your MAP sensor and see what if anything changes. If there is a change that is not the problem. Basically something is causing it to run the way it does and if you eliminate (unhook) that same component you should notice zero difference in the performance. I hope the phrasing on that makes a little sense ha. It's 2 AM and I can't seem to type whats in my head.

Back