• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Cooling Fan Kit - V2.1

i just installed mine. these do not fit like they do with the stock rad. i'm using a custom 3 core rad and its has some complex fitment issues.
install comments
web dog:
as for installing on a 96 and older, work on trimming more out for around the rad hoses and area for the oem trans coolers, as well as get a better mounting system. the upper and lower lip for oe mounting options are not as accurate as they should be. both of the upper and lower mounting holes were off by about 1/8th of an inch. and finally being an aircraft mechanic and quite mechanically savvy, i did fine with installing these. but you may want to include some install instructions and a wiring diagram.

as far as performance goes. these things rock. 110* day with all aux on and idling for 45min and never reached over 185* even with the ac on. now i can't give all of the credit to these fans as i have an aluminum rad and huge louvered hood panels but for the most part these fans are awesome. well done. i'll have pics if anyone wants some ideas on how to install these things or wire them up.

i'll have pics if anyone wants some ideas on how to install these things or wire them up.

Post them up I would love too see them!!!!

Installed I wanted it to appear stock, until you look really close.
-1218.jpg

This is what the clearances look like with the fan studs replaced with 5/16-24 (3/4") bolts.
-1220.jpg

Hood vents to let this puppy vent that heat out
-1117.jpg

-1115.jpg

Unable to report how they do as for cooling with a 195 superstant thermostat/16 psi stant lvr-vent rad. cap. I'm waiting on my switch to come in to do the final wiring. I'm gonna run one or two always on and one/two off the stock fan power with the fuse replaced with a 5 amp (my math gives an 40w /12vdc a 3.33 amp draw on it). someone correct me if my math is off please.

But it does look awful pretty.

Last edited:
Hey Just wondering if mine has shipped yet or not? I e-mail you but didn't hear back? It's for
Jody Rimmington
Huntsville, Ontario
Canada?
Thanx Man
P.S. Will I be getting a tracking number as well?
Thanx again!!!

i just installed mine. these do not fit like they do with the stock rad. i'm using a custom 3 core rad and its has some complex fitment issues.
install comments
web dog:
as for installing on a 96 and older, work on trimming more out for around the rad hoses and area for the oem trans coolers, as well as get a better mounting system. the upper and lower lip for oe mounting options are not as accurate as they should be. both of the upper and lower mounting holes were off by about 1/8th of an inch. and finally being an aircraft mechanic and quite mechanically savvy, i did fine with installing these. but you may want to include some install instructions and a wiring diagram.

as far as performance goes. these things rock. 110* day with all aux on and idling for 45min and never reached over 185* even with the ac on. now i can't give all of the credit to these fans as i have an aluminum rad and huge louvered hood panels but for the most part these fans are awesome. well done. i'll have pics if anyone wants some ideas on how to install these things or wire them up.

I have a 3 core rad in my 95 with zero fitment issues, did you trim your radiator support

And heres a write up for anyone thinking about getting one..
http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/arti...bound-offroad-electric-fan-kit.html#post29806

Hey Just wondering if mine has shipped yet or not? I e-mail you but didn't hear back? It's for
Jody Rimmington
Huntsville, Ontario
Canada?
Thanx Man
P.S. Will I be getting a tracking number as well?
Thanx again!!!
You should probably have it by now.
I have a 3 core rad in my 95 with zero fitment issues, did you trim your radiator support

And heres a write up for anyone thinking about getting one..
http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/arti...bound-offroad-electric-fan-kit.html#post29806

I have used the kit on Stock, CSF 3 core and Champion 3 core alum without issues.

Back