• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EBC brakes

That vanco stuff looks nice but out of my price range. :( so what i think i'll do is price check wj calipers and rotors for the front, and zj calipers and rotors for the back (see what i can or can't afford) and run the cheapest rotors but with yellow stuff pads. And i know for a fact theres a zj at the pick a part with it's booster still on it i'll snatch it and throw on the new mc i found while cleaning the shed lol. should give me a pretty good set up for the price. :sad1:

How much did you spend on those bubba-tires? The brakes may not look as cool but the performance and safety increase is a no-brainer in my book. Could always get some hi-tech retreads for cheap (which probably work as good anyway) and spend the savings on real brakes.

Theres this guy who cant decide which of three women to marry. He gives each $1000 to see what they'll do with it. One puts all of it in the bank for the future. The next spends half and saves half. The third spends all of it on clothes and jewelry. Which one does he choose?

you do know that for either the ZJ or WJ swap you need other parts besides rotors and calipers?

Yeah i know, but if i can't afford the calipers and rotors i won't be able to do it anyways...

And shogun, i am still paying off my parents for the tires... little over a grand for four of em... I just didn't think the difference between the 33's and the 35's would be that much. Thing was that my old tires were getting so bald it was becoming dangorous to drive it.

IMG_1641.jpg

Hey, no problem, its your $. Didnt intend it personally. Just pointing out that;

A. You spent more on tires than the brakes would cost.

B. Your parents may have prefered the brake upgrade for your safety.

C. Given a choice between something that looks cool, sounds cool, CDI factor, and something that is unseen, unheard, non-CDI but greatly increases performance, the choice is almost invariably the bling.

Not really my style but i understand your point. The only thing is i NEEDED new tires. Not for show or bling but for function. My jeep aint no mall crawler. And the tires was the obvious next fix/upgrade that came with unforseen effects on my braking ability. That is why i've put my brake upgrade on the fast track now trying to do as much as i can with what i have. I think that's all anyone can do.

PS: You might have noticed my jeep is leaning to one side pretty bad too, NO idea what's wrong with it but i'm still putting brakes first. Might have assembled my leafs incorectly..... Long story for another thread whren i have the time to deal with it. I'll Just leave it at needed a new centering pin but the whole thing was so rusted together i had to use a BFH and a crowbar to sepperate it leaf by leaf...

Last edited:
Back