• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easter Jeep Safari 2006

magoo117

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Easter Jeep is April 8-16 2006.Is anybody from our area planning on going?I'm planning on going,I'll bring my MJ and I have another friend who is bringing his TJ.Just looking to maybe do a caravan thing.We want to stay for two weeks.The week of the EJS and either the week before or after.Let me know.

i am heading out there the last week of april. avoiding the EJS like the plague. i plan to hook up wih the boys of the Intermountain Chapter then.

So if we stayed the week after would you be around?I'm thinking no,we'll miss you by a week.Have you been to EJS?I've never been to Moab and thought that would be a cool way to go for the first time.

i wanted to do the EJS until i talked to people. 1000+ rigs in town all at once must be a hell of a sight but sitting in long lines at each obstacle doesnt attract me. i dont have a calendar handy but i'll be looking at the last week of april. the guys in the IC are a real cool bunch and are more than willing to hang out with us when we get there and lead some trails. i will likely have a few other rigs from my other club but you never really know for sure till the time comes. i can be a bit flexible but i just dont want to deal with EJS lunacy.

magoo117 said:
So if we stayed the week after would you be around?I'm thinking no,we'll miss you by a week.Have you been to EJS?I've never been to Moab and thought that would be a cool way to go for the first time.
if your wanting to experience moab AVOID EJS, unless you like a mad house of people, rigs. really it's not fun any more more like uncontrolable chaos, but some people also wanna see what EJS is also so...............it's up to you.

Mitch, EJS rocks. You can't comment on it until you've been there and done it. I love going- been 7 times. It's not like it used to be, but it still 100% kicks ass for people that like to be around a ton of well built and innovative junk. There's still your share of junk and idiots, but you get that anywhere. Hell, look at Pete's junk after a couple days of wheelin' :wave: Wish I could go with ya this year, but I'm payin' off an overly expensive truck and building a comp buggy at the same time.

If I had the time/money I would go simply for the reasons OneTon stated. It was cool enough when Mike, Chris and I went for Fall Fling in 01'. For EJS, I would probably spend most of my time gawking at other peoples rigs.

A.

Mitch, got your message late last night. I'll call ya tonight.

When I'm there, I screw around most of the time. I'll head out to the big obstacles and watch who makes it and who doesn't and then check out the rigs accordingly. I think it'd be wise to camp out at the top of UPG this year to check out the buggies attempting the last climb. I'll conquer that mofo one of these days.

Sean,It's 4:30 now,if you could call after 6:30 that would be cool.I gotta go to phys therapy now for this fawkin' knee.

You guys line up a 35' gooseneck and I'll tow all 3 of us out there :laugh3:

I wish I could go, I love EJS. There's so many other places I need to wheel though. Dakota Territory Challenge is the next big event I'd like to show my lack of welding skill at.

Sean,It looks like its going to be April 4th-21 Road and then April 5th-16th Moab!!! We have rooms at the Aarchway Inn,its right where Rt 128 and Rt191 come together,good location?

Another local event with sufficient time for prep.

Count me i and i'll get all the info.

Only thing is its right after x-mas and my wife has a BIG family!!!!

I'll try my best as usual!!

BIG-G said:
Another local event with sufficient time for prep.

Count me i and i'll get all the info.

Only thing is its right after x-mas and my wife has a BIG family!!!!

I'll try my best as usual!!

LOL.. EJS is not a local event by any means.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it out at MOAB

Hey Mitch, looks like I'm probably going to EJS now. Bringing the folks junk and Pete's. We're going to be there for the actual week of EJS. Trying to make reservations now at Slickrock. A couple of my buddies in CO are going to meet us over there too. They're mostly high moderate rigs.

OneTonXJ said:
Hey Mitch, looks like I'm probably going to EJS now. Bringing the folks junk and Pete's. We're going to be there for the actual week of EJS. Trying to make reservations now at Slickrock. A couple of my buddies in CO are going to meet us over there too. They're mostly high moderate rigs.
sweet,we will hook up then...we have a place to stay in Colorado for a few days if you can get away a little early.His home is less than a half an hour from 21 Road.

Back