• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropped a bolt in transmission!

Dragging this post up again in hopes I can get some help. While changing the CPS today on my 91 MJ, the 7/16" socket popped off and fell into the cover-less hole in the bell under the CPS. I was lucky enough to get it out by pulling the flexplate inspection plate, but would like to find a new plastic cover since my AW4 never had one. Anyone got one lying around or can furnish a part number? I can not find it in my parts manuals. Thanks all.

Picture courtesy of Marcus Ohms (Gojeep)

CPS7.jpg

EDIT: Found the p/n's if anyone needs them, as follows:
53005129, 1, GROMMET, 1991 and below
52117660, 1, GROMMET, 1992 and up

Dragging this post up again in hopes I can get some help. While changing the CPS today on my 91 MJ, the 7/16" socket popped off and fell into the cover-less hole in the bell under the CPS. I was lucky enough to get it out by pulling the flexplate inspection plate, but would like to find a new plastic cover since my AW4 never had one. Anyone got one lying around or can furnish a part number? I can not find it in my parts manuals. Thanks all.

Picture courtesy of Marcus Ohms (Gojeep)

CPS7.jpg

EDIT: Found the p/n's if anyone needs them, as follows:
53005129, 1, GROMMET, 1991 and below
52117660, 1, GROMMET, 1992 and up

Got the replacement cover (P/N 52117660) yesterday for my '95 4.0 5 spd which looks just like the one above, the original disintegrated when pulling the sensor out.

Gonna dive in tomorrow, just wondering if there are any gotchas, problems or tricks to installing the new one?

Back