• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dreaming!!!!!!

FarmerMatt said:
That thatched roof overhang is missing a spa / hot tub? Very nice shop Hinkleberry... Now I need to put an addition on my shop to keep up. BTW where's the bar at? You can't have a hot tub & pool without a bar being close.

Matt

Bar and BBQ are not built yet. Both are going to the side and under the hut thing. There is also going to be a wood burning *campfire* fire pit when done also. :D The spa is just to the other side of the hut thing. Pool area is taking way longer than it should. The rain here has just sucked and has taken a lot of good working days away! :(

hinkley

Goatman said:
It's amazing what CA equity will do for you in TX. :)

I'm jealous as hell.......I need to get my butt in gear.

and notice how Kim had to ditch all the Miami Vice leather???

I mean, I could see a set-up with a bunch of rhinestones and tassles on it, but otherwise, that shit probably doesn't fly.

Damn! That is some place you've got there. Is this what ORGS high priced products enabled you to do? :) Hmmm, perhaps it's your wifes income? What is it that she does to support all this? Gosh I feel poor. BTW, did YOU actually do any of the building? Looks like others did all the work...like Beezil suggests. :) Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Damn! That is some place you've got there. Is this what ORGS high priced products enabled you to do? :) Hmmm, perhaps it's your wifes income? What is it that she does to support all this? Gosh I feel poor. BTW, did YOU actually do any of the building? Looks like others did all the work...like Beezil suggests. :) Jeff

Like Richard said, Ca equity!

I did some of the small details, and all the inside stuff. I thought about doing the roofing until I got on the framing for the 12/12 pitch, NO WAY!!!!!!!

hinkley

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I noticed a blurb somewhere about fullsizexj moving and his recent post seems to suggest that. Care to enlighten me as to where you are moving and why? Just curious. Jeff

Movin to West Virginia, got sick and tired of paying too much for too little here in Cailfornia. We have been there several times in the last few years and really like the area we plan to move to. Most of my wifes family is in the same area also

Can I Say "YEE HAW"? "Make him squeel like a pig Daddy". :) (do you hear banjos in the back ground? and see folks that look like Baja walkin around? Ahhhh yes....

I Miss the South. Was very entertaining. Almost as fun as them Bark Eaters in the Midwest. Those are some freaky people...... what the hell.... was Darwin on vacation that day? :D

Fullsizexj said:
Movin to West Virginia, got sick and tired of paying too much for too little here in Cailfornia. We have been there several times in the last few years and really like the area we plan to move to. Most of my wifes family is in the same area also

He moved there to Texas just like all the other illegal residents! :laugh3:
Ya gotta have a big hat if'n yore gonna be a Texan.

Lincoln said:
That shop is way too small. Send your framers here and build yourself something larger. What kind of Texan are you?

Danno said:
No doubt. Annnnd a Pig :)

equity in CA will save me...
but i already have land in OR too!
as for texas...no good, but i do like your setup looks like mine here in cali...
we have a firepit so big the gas meter can be heard from miles around (yes my fire pit is fuel injected)
I am envious, but not for long.
Nim

Danno said:

goes with the big head.......housing a rather small brain.....how odd.

Update:

New pictures of a "mostly" completed shop/barn.

I've even started to work on the heep! :D

P8100066.JPG

The rest of the pictures are HERE

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Is that the rule of flag duty?

It will someday but not there yet!

hinkley

Manditory reading :D

Where does the flag fly 24 hours a day?
Untold thousands of places. Section 6a: "when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." Of course it flies 24 hours a day on the Moon. There is an elite group where, by executive order, it is to fly 24 hours a day, shown here:

Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, Baltimore, Maryland (Presidential Proclamation No. 2795, July 2, 1948).
Flag House Square, Albemarle and Pratt Streets, Baltimore Maryland (Public Law 83-319, approved March 26, 1954).
United States Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima), Arlington, Virginia (Presidential Proclamation No. 3418, June 12, 1961).
On the Green of the Town of Lexington, Massachusetts (Public Law 89-335, approved November 8, 1965).
The White House, Washington, DC. (Presidential Proclamation No. 4000, September 4, 1970).
Washington Monument, Washington, DC. (Presidential Proclamation No. 4064, July 6, 1971, effective July 4, 1971).
Fifty flags of the United States are displayed at the Washington Monument continuously. United States Customs Ports of Entry which are continually open (Presidential Proclamation No. 413 1, May 5, 1972).
Grounds of the National Memorial Arch in Valley Forge State Park, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania (Public Law 94-53, approved July 4,1975).

I fly my flag at home 24 hours a day. What does "properly illuminated" mean?
Section 6a: "when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." The Flag Rules offer no additional guidance on this question. We interpret this to mean that there is either a light directly upon the flag or that there is sufficient local lighting to make the flag easily visible at night.

Back