• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Different Year! Same Size?

moparmatt

NAXJA Forum User
I am sure this has been asked before, I could not find it in the search so if some know about it please post the link.

Anyway, I have a 95 XJ sport and the rear leaf packs are saggin pretty bad I want to get rid of the packs. I want to get new less sagging packs from a junkyard, like from a 00' or 01' XJ.

My question is will an 00' or 01' leaf pack fit on a 95'?

Then once I have the new pack from the junkyard I will install an AAL to give me 3" of lift. My current fear is that my sagging springs with a AAL will not give me 3", in which I know it will not.

TIA

Matt

Make a lift pack out of your sets and maybe a shackle. I dont have an aal, but I hear they are to be avioded.

Or, I can sell you my 4.5" lift packs that gover over 5". Pretty reasonable price. They are Heavy Duty.

Last edited:
if your gonna buy leafs from a junk yard get some dakota packs. with basic tools you can mate the pack with your main leaf and get 4" or so of lift. then sell the aal to cover some cost of the new pack.

moparmatt said:
Sweet I kind of thought they were.

I kind of knew I was a dumb question.:anon:

But I wanted to make sure before I spent $100, junkyards do not like returns.:D

don't spend 100 on junk yard leafs, hell last I saw Quadratech sold OEM leaf packs for like $68 or $76 a piece brand new!

Yeah, absolutely don't buy junk yard springs for 100. That's just outrageously priced, I've always paid around 20 bucks a side for junk yard packs. Besides, if you're swapping both out, and not just trying to match what's in there, new packs really don't cost that much. I've also had local spring shops rebuild packs for not a lot. I think I had my toyota pickup rear pack rebuilt for like 50 bucks, including new leaves, other than the main. You could have them build them however you wanted too.

Justin

I agree with everyone about buying new springs, the sag is an issue with the springs in the 2000-2001 models just like all Xj's apparently. I bought mine used and after about a month of hauling my camping gear around I had a low rider. I got new what the parts list called 4X4 heavy duty springs man what a difference. I also suggest goinging ahead and getting new bushings as well.

Back