• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did you drive in the snow yesterday/today?

Cool, so I suppose as a good responsible offroad enthusiast you had the permission of the property owners to be 'screwing around' in their parking lot, thus being a positive ambassador to our sport?

:shhh:

Well duh. I always write a letter and get written permission from land owners before I drive on their property.

:illegalflipoffsmiley:

IMG_2231.jpg

I got my work truck stuck today, pretty close to going off a cliff. It is still really icy in the Barnes/Skyline roads area. Haven't done anything with my XJ though...

Anyone catch the news for Seattle day 2 of the storm, showed a city bus sliding down a street in Seattle, hits a power pole and completes a 180

Anyone catch the news for Seattle day 2 of the storm, showed a city bus sliding down a street in Seattle, hits a power pole and completes a 180

Dead-on center impact to boot.

Metro really, really, really needs to come up with a better plan for winter weather events. Even if we don't have Snowmageddon every year, we almost always have one storm like this one which shuts us down.

Perhaps articulated buses should be used sparingly and only on certain routes when weather is a factor. Maybe buses which encounter numerous hills should be outfitted with studded tires at the first hint of a weather event.

Meh. Why bother? I think the people in this town prefer to bitch annually about how badly the government let them down. They just love to bitch. :)

Personally, I'd like to see less bitching about SDOT/WSDOT response to these events and more personal responsibility vehicle-wise. I'd like to see people who are ill-equipped for the conditions on the receiving end of a $1,000 fine and an instantaneous towing. I'd also like to see that fine money used to subsidize low-income drivers with a set of chains or a credit towards proper tires. You shouldn't be traveling if you can't be bothered to prepare.

Hmm...

I like that. Good start to an idea.f
Ya...
I am an idiot who is gonna bitch and moan about the local municipality who can't get their sh... together. In the mean time, I have no experience with driving in snow, so I am gonna go drive on the ice and make traffic 10x worse.

Seriously. I was not scheduled to work. School was canceled. So I worked on some homework, watched the kids play, and look for excuses to run to the store, so I could drive in the snow.

ad989b72-4928-492a.jpg

ad989b72-4978-aec4.jpg

Hank pig decided he wanted to do some wheelin.
ad989b72-4a7b-14d9.jpg

This is what I drove in the snow a few years ago. didn't handle as well as the Xj.

I pretty much suck.

HOLY BIG FAWKING PICTURE, BATMAN! :scared:

:laugh2:

Looks like Hank had fun! :)

We got about a foot yesterday that was turned into four foot drifts by our Wyoming breeze.

picture.php

That looks like my rig. I looked at the pic of my rig in the browser and wow. That thing is massive. It's not that big in real life

I pretty much suck.

Back