• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

did some fender chopin

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
before

KIF_3279.jpg

KIF_3280-1.jpg

KIF_3282.jpg

KIF_3283.jpg

KIF_3284.jpg

KIF_3285.jpg

KIF_3286.jpg

inside has been foam sealed and the out side has been bondo'ed, primered and painted

Sorry, don't take that post very heavy; I joke a little too much! Once the interior panel is on, you will not see all the foam. Personally, I'm a tad jealous. You have welded thicker metal in an area that is needed on almost every Jeep. (Well, the ones that have cut fenders.) Looks are not everything and this will function very well.

Great Job BTW! Could not find a smiley for this one...wait...:worship:

Nice rockers...

~Scott

What settings on the your welder did you use for the thin sheetmetal body? I kept melting mine away.

every welder will be different depending on type, what wire used, size ect...

pretty much the lowest it would go, pretty much it was all tack tack tack till about the end when i could get maybe a 1/4 inch weld before it would burn threw, takes a lot of practice. i still have holes but there filled in with bondo and foam

88manche...was my use of the dead horse ok...or should I still work on finding the right location for the dead horse? LOL! You don't have to answer that.

To be honest, Jeep Cherokee's have gotten the best of me when it comes to repairs, upgrades, modifications, and whatever else a Cherokee needs. I think working on a Cherokee has a + side and a - minus side. In the end though, you feel like you keep repeating yourself and that ends up always making one feel like their beating the dead horse. Is this true fellow NAXJA members? In the end though I still just can't stop from wanting more from my trusty(knock on wood) Cherokee.

88manche...was my use of the dead horse ok...or should I still work on finding the right location for the dead horse? LOL! You don't have to answer that.

To be honest, Jeep Cherokee's have gotten the best of me when it comes to repairs, upgrades, modifications, and whatever else a Cherokee needs. I think working on a Cherokee has a + side and a - minus side. In the end though, you feel like you keep repeating yourself and that ends up always making one feel like their beating the dead horse. Is this true fellow NAXJA members? In the end though I still just can't stop from wanting more from my trusty(knock on wood) Cherokee.

couldnt agree more

Back