• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dear vendors,

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
My advice to some of our vendors is answer your phones!!! Hire a person to do this if necessary. If two products are equal, I will always or from the company I can talk to. My guess is that I am not alone in this.

My advice to some of our vendors is answer your phones!!! Hire a person to do this if necessary. If two products are equal, I will always or from the company I can talk to. My guess is that I am not alone in this.

Did you call them more than once?

I will agree with the OP. I do call more than once. I leave messages when possible. However I will go with who answers the phone and who gives me the best service. The best service starts with answering the phone or returning calls within the same business day.

I use email on purpose, so I don't forget what I tell people.

X2

Some of us also have seperate day jobs, so answering calls isn't always on the priority list. I am usually doing one of the following during the day: Prototyping, CNC Plasma cutting, Drafting, welding, milling...ect so answering a call isn't always easy. I will however get back to anyone who leaves a message or shoots me an email.

Hopefully one day I can devote more time to my own company.

just some feedback for the vendors in this thread, i prefer email (in this day and age, the phone is pretty much dead, cant document what is said, blah blah) because it is instant, and all the info is there (people are faster readers than listeners). but in the end, as long as the service is good, im a happy customer.

just some feedback for the vendors in this thread, i prefer email (in this day and age, the phone is pretty much dead, cant document what is said, blah blah) because it is instant, and all the info is there (people are faster readers than listeners). but in the end, as long as the service is good, im a happy customer.

x2, paper trail is easier to keep track of... even if it is digital paper :D

I use email on purpose, so I don't forget what I tell people.

Being in the navy, I prefer email due to the fact that for 6-7 months out of the year that is the only form of communication I have. That being said, having someone answer the phone is nice being if I do call, it's because of a problem. Thankfully, I have never had a problem with a NAXJA vendor. Appreciate the great service you have provided me.

x2, 95% of my parts orders go thru online at 1-3am....

So of course, i want you guys making the parts, not bullshitting with customers.... I know someones gotta answer phones, and agree its lame when they cant be bothered to pickup, but i couldnt dissagree more with the OP's statements.

I want my jeep to have the best parts, not the most convienient to purchase over the phone parts.

I understand that people are busy, that's why I stand by my original premis... Hire somebody to answer the phones. But maybe I should have been more specific. If you can't answer the phone, at least return a call. This was just advice. I posted this because I suspected that others potentially had similar feelings. I guess I am just spoiled buy companies like RuffStuff and Clayton.

Any company that hires someone to answer the phones is going to have to pass that cost along in their products. I for one am happy with a company that at least gets back to you when you call.

To be honest, I don't post my phone # for two reasons:

1) I hate phones. Always have. Couldn't stand them when I was a kid, then I worked in Telecom/IS for a few years (and they drove me bloody batty!) I don't buy a phone unless I can turn the ringer OFF - we find it saves money that way. (My typical method of responding to a ringing telephone is by throwing hammers at it until it stops ring - usually only takes one or two hammers.)

2) Short-term memory dysfunction. It's easier for me to handle a job - particularly a custom - if I can roll back and look at the conversation. Else, I'd burn up far more notepads than I currently do, just in taking notes during conversations! Considering I want to get things right the first time, email is far either.

Throw in the fact that I usually keep bizarre hours, and calling me can border on unpossible. I have been known to arrange to make telephone calls when it can't be resolved any other way, but that's uncommon enough to be rare (I can be very patient, and tend to explain things rather well.) Such a call is invariably accompanied by the request, "If you have CID, please forget you ever saw this number."

However, I've taken to answering emails inside of 24 hours as a fixed policy, and I will invariably set the autoresponder when I'm on the road (although I understand Amtrak now has Wi-Fi on their trains...) But, doing it almost strictly by email seems to work out well for all concerned.

Yes, I'm probably missing business by not having a phone number posted, but I can honestly live with that.

I understand that people are busy, that's why I stand by my original premis... Hire somebody to answer the phones. But maybe I should have been more specific. If you can't answer the phone, at least return a call. This was just advice. I posted this because I suspected that others potentially had similar feelings. I guess I am just spoiled buy companies like RuffStuff and Clayton.
Not all companies are big enough to afford a phone call person. So long as e-mails are answered or messages returned, I'm fine.

if you employ someone to answer phones, then the 95% of the time when they arent answering phones they are dicking off on the internet. similar to me. right now. i dont want to pay extra for parts that have to cover joe schmo changing his facebook status all day, or dicking around on NAXJA... oh wait...

How about looking at it this way... You order something from a vendors website for $535.56 and three weeks later you have no product. Did ups deliver and somebody helped themselves to it off my doorstep? Is it out of stock? I think I'll call them. No answer, no return call. A few days later, I email, no response. A month goes by and nothing! And then it magically appears on my doorstep dropped off by the big brown truck. My whole point is COMMUNICATION! Tell me it's gonna be three weeks and I'm good. Post it on your website and I'm cool. But ignore me while you have my money and I start to get irritated!

How about looking at it this way... You order something from a vendors website for $535.56 and three weeks later you have no product. Did ups deliver and somebody helped themselves to it off my doorstep? Is it out of stock? I think I'll call them. No answer, no return call. A few days later, I email, no response. A month goes by and nothing! And then it magically appears on my doorstep dropped off by the big brown truck. My whole point is COMMUNICATION! Tell me it's gonna be three weeks and I'm good. Post it on your website and I'm cool. But ignore me while you have my money and I start to get irritated!

check the tracking number. if ups says "could not locate package" that means it hasnt left the vendor yet. if it says "delivered" and you dont have it... time to call ups to file a claim. but of course, i work in shipping so i know all of this. as long as i get an email with a tracking number within a day of me putting my order, im good. tracking number tells me everything i need to know.

check the tracking number. if ups says "could not locate package" that means it hasnt left the vendor yet. if it says "delivered" and you dont have it... time to call ups to file a claim. but of course, i work in shipping so i know all of this. as long as i get an email with a tracking number within a day of me putting my order, im good. tracking number tells me everything i need to know.

i dont work in shipping and i know this bc im not an idiot.

people like to blame others for their own stupidity.

simple. dont order from ballistic. they are a horrible company that pirate kicked to the curb. naxja needs to do the same :nono:

Back