• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD Locker Comparison

gmanxj said:
OK....
next question is, where is the cheapest to get a no-slip? The cheapest that I've found is RRO and they sell it for $360.

just a little warning about RRO based on my ACTUAL expierence - slow shipping and lower than average customer service. I called 3 times in 2 weeks only to find that my order was being "processed" as in - in a pile of orders to be filled that was too tall to get to me - the service rep moved me to the top - item arived in 3 days.

so ask them to move your invoice / packing list to the top if you want your part anytime soon...

I know what Amund2 is talking about -- the thing some people call "unloading" (I think).

Anyways, in the Dodge Ram 1500 2WD I had, sometimes the rear, under certain unique breaking conditions (only time I noticed it) it would feel like the rear axle was trying to jump through the front bumper. Scary the first time, like the truck dind't belong to me for a spilt second. But never caused a panic.

I figured it was a quirk and it was so rare, I never asked about it.

It came up in conversation when the mechanic I may pay to re-gear my XJ was using newbie terms to describe different locker choices and how they behave. And a light bulb (like the cartoons) went off above my head about what the Ram used to do.

XJ_ranger said:
just a little warning about RRO based on my ACTUAL expierence - slow shipping and lower than average customer service. I called 3 times in 2 weeks only to find that my order was being "processed" as in - in a pile of orders to be filled that was too tall to get to me - the service rep moved me to the top - item arived in 3 days.

so ask them to move your invoice / packing list to the top if you want your part anytime soon...
strange, i ordered mine from them and had it in about 5 days. aside from a defect in their shackles i got once i have had get experience. guess that just shows ymmv

XJ_ranger said:

I've also had bad experiences with RRO. Their customer service SUCKS, IMHO. :mad:
I'd steer clear of them if at all possible.

i also had sssllow service from RRO , but i tried to order my "no-slip"
from them yesterday... funny they had a differant part # than powertrax
for my jeep.....i called Quadratec.. they had right #, i'll have it in 2 days

I've had my no-slip in my rear axle for almost 1 year now and love it. I have a 8.25/29 spline rear. It used to be my DD until Jan and it was never a problem. I put it in myself and it made a night and day difference on the trail. If you bought a no-slip you will be happy. I also used RRO and paid $384 shipped to my door and had no problems with them.

I'm now seriously thinking about putting one in the rear of my 2004 RAM 1500 as well. I just like what it does for traction without sacrificing much in the way of drivability.

Later,
Rough

those no slips are sounding better and better.. in between the no slip and the eaton e-locker...

not much feedback on the e-locker though... not to mention the cost

help, i just finished putting in a no-slip, from powertrax. everything went smooth..untill.. last step says, " turn drivers side forward and hold, i should be able to spin passenger side wheel freely in opposite direction!!" IT DOSE NOT!! they are locked together....nobody at powertrax till monday 9am...
my jeeps tore apart at the warehouse where i work!!...ANY HELP!!???

Try turning the driver side tire in the other direction and hold and see if the passenger side tire breaks loose. Then turn and hold the passenger side tire and see if the driver side tire breaks loose. Then turn the passenger side tire in the opposite direction and hold and see if the driver side tire breaks loose.

When I did my front No-Slip, I could only get the tire to break loose in 3 of the 4 situations. I called Powertrax and they said they it sounded okay to them. It's not necessary for it to work in all 4 situations.

And they were right. It's been working great. Just make sure that the go/no-go check works.

-edit- Just re-read your last post. When you turn and hold one tire, the opposite side will not just spin freely. It'll take a little oomph to break it loose. They will both seem locked up at first.

Last edited:
There were a couple mentions of eaton e-lockers in this thread... where are you seeing a jeep application available for those? I though they where only for ford, and gm axles so far?

Back