• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn it lost my job today

I used to think my Government job (USDA) was secure, but now they are talking about cutting back and not filling in after employees retire etc. So now I have that to consder, but seeing how farming is another source of my income, the Gov job is mainly for the benefits and insurance but I would really feel it without the added income. It is bad when even Government jobs are not secure......

Yea, because the food industry doesn't need any over site...

sorry to hear about the job. The school district I work for just cut 10.6 million out of the budgest and cost us 100+ jobs. luckliy made this round but think there will be another round soon!!! Good luck on the search.

Guys I feel all of your pain. I was laid off last march and have been a stay at home dad. I thought that will be cool at least I can get some work on my XJ. Now I didn't realize that you can only work on it if you have the money to fix what you "repair" LOL. You unemployed guys can come and help me watch the kids if you want. It's like a party without the beer or good times. Just as much vomit and poo though.

Blake what school district do you work for. And I've been in your neck of the woods quite a bit lately.

Parakeet

Guys I feel all of your pain. I was laid off last march and have been a stay at home dad. I thought that will be cool at least I can get some work on my XJ. Now I didn't realize that you can only work on it if you have the money to fix what you "repair" LOL. You unemployed guys can come and help me watch the kids if you want. It's like a party without the beer or good times. Just as much vomit and poo though.

Blake what school district do you work for. And I've been in your neck of the woods quite a bit lately.

Parakeet

if this drags on to long i may become a stay at home dad as well. wife and i were going to start trying for a kid soon until i got laid off.

The stay at home dad thing isn't a bad deal. Pajama pants and t-shirts all day. Naps when the little one naps. Gotta love it. The downside is not alot of stimulating conversation. I've also found that I have become more absent minded. It was/still is a hard change of lifestyle to get used too. basically 15 years of getting up and going to work everyday to getting up and changing a diaper. I can't wait till the little one hits school age so I can find a daytime job at oriellys or napa.

I do work in the evenings and weekends so we are able to atleast stay somewhat current on bills.

Parakeet

Back