• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 rock ring

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just looking to add a little protection to my front diff. Where is the best place to pick one of these up taht wont cost me an arm and a leg? I dont wanna spend $125 on a poison spider one. I dont deserve one tht nice! I also woudl rather not get the hoop style since I hear they just dig when you drag on stuff, so a rock ring or the like is what I would prefer. So, any and all links or help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.
josh

I see them frequently on eBay. I can't speak to their quality, the ones I see are homegrown, but they look like what you want.

Two types available currently, two different sellers:

Item # 2416112758 (this is for a Dana 44, dunno if others avail)
Item # 2416607698 (this is for a Dana 30, ditto above)

I don't know how much other people beat on their rock rings, but I spent the extra money on the poison spider one and it's been worth it. I hit the areas where those bolts are ALL the time....and the only thing that allows me to still remove the thing is the countersink. IMO it's worth the extra money.
IMG_1214.jpg

Back