• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut Lower Rear Quarters...(pics and write-up)

jeep was not equipped with hitch or hitch bolts from factory. They appear to be almost exactly the same part, with individual wires. I don't have time to day to yank up the carpet, but will do this weekend to trace these things.

RyanM said:
jeep was not equipped with hitch or hitch bolts from factory. They appear to be almost exactly the same part, with individual wires. I don't have time to day to yank up the carpet, but will do this weekend to trace these things.

Ehh... my 96 has it.. wiring harness and all, goes in and connects where the driver side turnsignal/driving lights/ brake lights are

So two black beepers hanging on wires? :)

My father "you've officially ruined a nice looking jeep"

My mom made me promise when i got my red 99 to never take it off-road...

Bringing this back from the dead...
What happens on the driverside with the fuel filler hoses. The boxed in area that houses them?

Seems that the fold wouldn't clear it. I could be wrong.

Thanks

Deadman 94 xj said:
What happens on the driverside with the fuel filler hoses. The boxed in area that houses them?

Thanks

I just took mine off.

Deadman 94 xj said:

Thanks

yeah most people probly throw it away, originally what i was gunna do. but after gettin a bunch of mud up inbetween the lines and having to drop the gas tank with chunks of mud, i wanted to put it back on. i just re-did the bends a little and drilled new holes were i had folded in quarter panel up

xm8uty.jpg

2j4ofaf.jpg

foxwar71 said:
yeah most people probly throw it away, originally what i was gunna do. but after gettin a bunch of mud up inbetween the lines and having to drop the gas tank with chunks of mud, i wanted to put it back on. i just re-did the bends a little and drilled new holes were i had folded in quarter panel up

Looks great.

Thanks for the replys.

Did mine recently too, I didn't go all the way up to the bodyline though, since I don't have a wrap around bumper, I left it a little long to match the bumper-line.
RearBumper003.jpg

Trevorxj said:
Mark,

I disagree, I have been running this mod for almost 2 years now, with no unwanted problems(Except for no longer rubbing on the rear corner). I was runnind 4.5" of lift with 33's and I was always rubbing on the rear. After removing this little piece, no more rubbing. This then I have moved on, now I am looking like this on the rear.

100_0245.JPG

I think it is stronger now than it was stock

Are there any build pics on this mod?????
Im very interested in doing this!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this a few weeks ago to no ill-effect. Though mine we pretty much gone from rust is the first place. In fact it made my XJ drive a lot quieter since there was metal between my exhaust and cabin, instead of just a gaping rusty hole.

does anyone have pics of this from far away? i was thinking of doing this but don't know how it looks from a distance

Here's one of my playing on a rock last weekend that shows the cut quarters prettey well. Eventually I'll have a custom bumper that wraps around under the quarters--it's kinda fugly right now with the bumper ends off.

BigRock.jpg

watermark.php

Here's a pic of mine a few months ago, 4" of lift with 31's that seem to refuse all attempts to wear down to step up to 35's.

I would like to see more close ups of the underneath where the outer skin is folded in. I don't know about you guys, but after starting on my rear 1/4, it looks pretty beat up.

Back