• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS Test?

PFunk242

NAXJA Member #1161
Is it possible to test the CPS when it is off of the car? I think that mine is acting up and the best way to see if that is the problem that i can come up w/ to do this is if tehre is some sort of test procudure that i can do w/ it off of the car. Anyone know of anything??

Thanks all.

Did you check the codes in the computer? That's usually the easiest way to tell. What makes you think it is bad?

I have checked the comp the only codes it gives me are for the tranny and both the control module and the trany have been replaced. The jeep sputters and dies on right hand turns and reverse. Sometimes it doesn't compleatly die It is like it has a bad miss or two.

PFunk242 said:
I have checked the comp the only codes it gives me are for the tranny and both the control module and the trany have been replaced. The jeep sputters and dies on right hand turns and reverse. Sometimes it doesn't compleatly die It is like it has a bad miss or two.
That's not the CPS it sounds like a fuel pickup problem, check it with a full tank.

There is no off vehicle test that will tell if your CPS is bad.

The only test is it should read 175 +/- 75 ohms and that don’t tell much

langer1 said:
That's not the CPS it sounds like a fuel pickup problem, check it with a full tank.

There is no off vehicle test that will tell if your CPS is bad.

The only test is it should read 175 +/- 75 ohms and that don’t tell much
X2

CPS would cause a no spark problem...which equals a "quick" stall. If it sputters and sometimes doesn't die, start looking at the fuel system.

I have the problem w/ both a full tank or half empty whatever. The other day i drove down to my girls to hang out and the car gave me mad problems on the way there on the way back home no problems at all. It is rather fustrating at this point.

Last night i wasn't to bad here atleast just lotts and lotts of rain som wind but nothing to bad. Where are u in Ohio langer1?

I had a bad cps and it checked ok 2 out of five times I tested it. Some 1000 year old jeep tech at the stealership told me its very common for cps's to go bad randomly and the problem u describe is identical to mine. Get a genuine mopar cps and chuck it in..... A lot of the aftermarket companies cps's are eally crappy right out of the box, spend a few more dollars for a mopar..just my 2 cents

PFunk242 said:
Kind of hard to ever get out of Macedonia that way?

Indeed it is and i have to have it running good for jeep fest on the 20th.

Back