• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CORVA Truckhaven Challenge

Blurble XJ

NAXJA Forum User
CORVA's 15th Annual Truckhaven Challenge. This is a "poker type" run thru the mudhills of Ocotillo Wells SVRA. Camp will be located at S-22 and Holly Rd. The course is approximately 20 miles. Big raffle with great prizes and a BBQ dinner. This is a fund raiser for CORVA's land use fund. Please visit www.corva.org for more information and a map to the event.

So this is being held at Ocotillo Wells again? Still can't get back to Truckhaven?

Unfortunately with the ongoing studies going on due to the Freeman Property acquisition we still can't have group activities on the Truckhaven side. (You can still wheel there individually though.)
We are running a new course this year as long as they approve the course.

I will be doing a Ranger tour of the course in a couple of weeks and hopefully they approve it. It's a great course varies from easy to difficult. We will have some extreme bypasses for those of you who like to risk body damage.

Update #1
I am at the CORVA Base camp right now. Weather was picture perfect today. Just started a light rain around 5:30pm. We went out marking the course, the mud is not as bad as I thought it would be.

We moved our base camp closer to S-22, still on Holly road. This way the RV's won't have to cross the second big wash. The weather man says good weather on Saturday.

I will update Thursday night and Friday. Hope to see you all here.

Back