• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Constitutional Carry Act

lol. im just curious as to what to expect now with the change, from the LEO standpoint. or having it with me and being questioned by LEO

that was my point to Justin -- the LEO unions have made clear they don't want folks not "on the list" packing, and it would be quite easy for them to make it difficult on people who choose to carry, through "harrassment" - i.e., arrest you, and impound your weapon, knowing full well that if/when you get to court the charges will likely be tossed. No less inconvenient for you. The gist of the new law will be that unless some other law says you can't conceal carry (i.e. age, felon-status, national park, intoxicated), it is legal for you to conceal carry and you do not need to, although you can if you wish, obtain a permit. :sunshine:

If you legally can apply and get a permit to legally conceal carry, the new law will let you conceal carry without a permit , The republicans have voice voted for it , but the democrats will vote it down ,

I'm not either, although I may from time to time should this pass, as I am also not one for placing my name on government lists... As to the crappy AZ issues brought up by some of the folks during debate at the legislature, as they try to illustrate the dangers of an armed citizenry, they overlook that the guy that finally took the shooter down (1) was carrying at the time, (2) elected not to utilize his weapon/use deadly force after assessing the situation. In a nutshell, asshats will be asshats, deranged criminals will be deranged criminals, and respectable citizens will be respectable citizens. The first two groups will continue to arm themselves regardless of the law, to society's detriment, while the latter group will for the most part comply with the law, even if it is unconstitutional to begin with. The more of the latter group that is armed, the less harm the two formers can do... IMHO.

Edit: BTW, it passed the house this morning, 40-25, meaning some democrats voted for it as well.

Last edited:
I'm not either, although I may from time to time should this pass, as I am also not one for placing my name on government lists...
this is my thought exactly

In a nutshell, asshats will be asshats, deranged criminals will be deranged criminals, and respectable citizens will be respectable citizens. The first two groups will continue to arm themselves regardless of the law, to society's detriment, while the latter group will for the most part comply with the law, even if it is unconstitutional to begin with. The more of the latter group that is armed, the less harm the two formers can do... IMHO.
this just needed to be repeated :thumbup:

Back