• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter 2nd Quarter meeting.....

When do you want to have the meeting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Man, this quarter snuck up and is almost getting away! We need to pick a date and location for this meeting this month!

This quarter, our chapter usually meets north of the metro area. NAXJA Prez Tom Houston has offered to hold the meeting and BBQ at his house in Loveland (tentatively) unless a better suggestion is made. Please post your ideas here for consideration. Dealerships have been working out well for us, so that's an option if someone has one to suggest. A park is always another good location.

Secondly, we need to pick a date. I've put up a poll for the last two Saturdays in June, the 18th and the 25th. Please pick the date you'd like to attend. If both work well for you DO NOT vote in the poll please. I want to hear from those that absolutely can't make it on one of the dates. If you can make it to either date, please post a reply here indicating "I can make it to either date". This way, I can get a body count based on the poll and include those that can go to either date. Clear as mud? :laugh3:

Since the club fund "coffee can" has been drained to pay expenses for Colorado Fest, I'd like to see those of us coming to this quarterly meeting be generous again to replentish our funds! :laugh3:

Also, if anyone is willing, lets get together to bring side-dishes, chips, soda and treats for the BBQ. Of course, those that bring these items can consider this their donation to the chapter.

Thanks guys! Hope to see some new faces and rigs at this meeting!

Troy

Last edited:
I'll be out of town for the summer starting on the 20th. Put me down for the 18th. Sorry guys. Gotta make a living and their sending me to Coeur d'Laine. Got the fishing pole ready though.

planefixer said:
Me,Led, and Joey are supposed to run/camp Grizzly Lake the 17-19.

That kinda sets the date right there...........

I can meet either date tentative on if I feel like coming........... :laugh3: My recomended sticker guy fell through, so I am sourcing local. Prolly won't be done for the meeting, don't wanna get stoned or anything. But we WILL have stickers in time for CO Fest............ :paperwork

91 Jeep Project said:
That kinda sets the date right there...........

I can meet either date tentative on if I feel like coming........... :laugh3: My recomended sticker guy fell through, so I am sourcing local. Prolly won't be done for the meeting, don't wanna get stoned or anything. But we WILL have stickers in time for CO Fest............ :paperwork

Were gonna hold you to that...........

either date should work for me. Just gotta put in for the days off

HossHoffer said:
I'll be out of town for the summer starting on the 20th. Put me down for the 18th. Sorry guys. Gotta make a living and their sending me to Coeur d'Laine. Got the fishing pole ready though.
Thats where the wife if from. whatcha doin up there??

planefixer said:

...hmm...
any chance you guys could wait a week? :D
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58512

besides, aren't you the only one left w/ an XJ out of that bunch? ;)

seriously let me know if you could go the 24-26 weekend instead (the 19th is father's day).
i promise i'll leave the chimay at home...

later.

terry

Led said:
Thats where the wife if from. whatcha doin up there??
Doing overhaul on regional FedEx aircraft. That is unless the JetBlue job comes through before I leave. I rushing to get my stroker long term road & trail worthy.

Depending on the date and times, I should be able to make this one. I'll probably be driving a Toyota though...

I have to work the 18th, 25th, & 7-2-05. So I'll miss this one too.

planefixer said:

We had the dates wrong we are going the 24-26 sorry for the mix up

If you want to do it in Loveland, I can grab a bunch of spots at the park and haul the BBQ over there. It's nice and on the lake. If you have kids, there is a complete playground. If you want it a bit further south we could do it in Lyons at the park by the stream. The guys could take a detour back to Denver by going up and doing Coney Flats or some other trail in the area.

I'm open to what ever you guys want. If people want to chip in for food like we did in Denver the last time, I can do BBQ.

hey if you guys want to we can hold the meeting at my house and i will fire up the grill for everyone. i dont mind. i live in a cul de sac so parking is not a problem. just let me know. i would like to meet you guys.

I read someplace a week or so ago that Lyon's Park was close because of the plage found in dead squarels.

I wont be able to make either weekend.Leaving to go camping with the wife on the 18th(Grand Mesa and Black Canyon),then meeting up with Led and Joey on the way home to run/camp Grizzly Lake on the 24th.

Ok, after some discussion with Led, we agreed that this month has just too much going on for too many people for this meeting to be constructive toward chapter business.

I've asked Led to delete this thread so that there's no confusion, and I'll post up another thread later to see if we can all still do a meet-n-greet BBQ or hit a trail while the other guys are doing event pre-runs and whatnot.

We'll get a meeting organized for after July 4th sometime so the chapter can discuss event plans and other business.

So, to re-iterate, the June meeting idea has been cancelled.

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back