• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

still full sedation, breathing tube, the whole nine yards. They say she'll be under for a couple 2 or three days to help with healing
lisa's younger brother got here yesterday, he and lisa are taking shifts at the hospital with mom

We'll be praying for her.

Dad's got a couple cars on consignment at a local dealership. One needed to be taken for some repairs so I gave him a lift. Saw this in the showroom.......

IMG_20140211_133853632_zpsjkeiyphf.jpg

IMG_20140211_133835999_zpsnyxk3l0u.jpg

I remember seeing a magazine article about it back when it was built in 2008. It's obviously a heavily customized Challenger built to look like a new-gen Cuda. The work is incredible but not the way I'd want it. The colors aren't my thing. And the builder joined and filled all of the body seams and gaps except for the hood, doors and trunk. The fenders are joined to the front header and valence panels, and to the A-pillar. Same with the rear, no gaps/seams on the deck panel or the tail light panel or bumper, lower valence. There were small cracks in the corners below the headlights where the fender meets the "bumper" also where the rear quarter meets the "bumper". Seems like one good pothole and the car will lose $40K in value due to cracking. They should have left all the body seams and gaps.

But hey, it's a bargain at the $165K asking price...... afterall, according to the builder, it cost over $700K to build........ :rolleyes:

Last edited:

oof. Do want. If only he'd knock a digit off the asking price!

according to the builder, it cost over $700K to build........ :rolleyes:

Jeez....I could've built it for him for $300k ;)

Tough week for the family. Lost my wife's mom last Friday and the funeral was Wednesday. 2nd death in the family in less then a year. May need to do some retail shopping to deal with this crap. Happy VD everybody!

My condolences to your family.

Celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary. Time to stimulate the economy in Black Hawk, I'm feeling lucky... ;)

Does anyone want two white labs? My buddy is going through some serious financial troubles and he cannot afford them any longer. :( The only condition is they need to go together. I would take them, but I already have 2 idiots that I care for.

This is going to happen pretty soon, so please let me know if you guys know of anyone who is looking for a pair of 2 year old puppas.

Fun day doing a simple brake job ...lol...first I find the inner pads like to wear out before the outer pads which means the passenger side had already started scoring the rotor on the inside of the caliper , So off to the parts store for a rotor , and when i returned the job resumed as quick simple brake job until pulling driver front tire and finding 6 total nails/screws in an 8 inch area of the tire , so what looks like a simple job of putting on the spare and during the week having tire patched at a shop now becomes an adventure in B.S. as I find the spare tire that looks brand new sitting under the bed is really useless junk as the sidewall on the unseen top side is sliced from rim bead all the way up so it's junk ,which I'd like to thank Christoper's Dodge World for selling me a trruck with a spare like that ...lol...it's not like I spent $1500 on a vehicle there and would expect a good spare riding under the bed for the money spent , but atleast I found it in the driveway not roadside , so that means no spare tire and having to ride on tire plugs until monday which of the 6 objects in the tire only 3 made it through all 10 ply , so I'm rolling on 3 f-ing plugs ,and I trust plugs even less in the cold . Now I button up the job and back out of the drive way where I find that I pinched the steering stabilizer with my very large oversized axle cup on my big jack , and when I turn the pinched tube makes turning righ loud and armstrong . The steering stabilizer does not bug me I did not think to look to check if the cup was pinching it ,but man that spare tire sure frosts my ass since it obviously was sold to me like that 3 years ago by Christophers Dodge world and I think when you spend that kind of cash on a vehicle a good spare is a given .

33's, rock rails, rear locker (would be nice). A lot depends on the driver.

im with dirty
4wd
hard lines require lockers and rock rails
i happen to know a guy who took a bone stock 4wd dodge ram through chinamens
and ron took his BB xj on 235's through it too

im with dirty
4wd
hard lines require lockers and rock rails
i happen to know a guy who took a bone stock 4wd dodge ram through chinamens
and ron took his BB xj on 235's through it too

thanks for the info. i havent been down there yet. so wasnt 100% sure on whats all required.

After Running trails like Chinaman's and SpringCreek last year I'd say 32-33s and lockers should be the required minimum equipment .I'm sure you can get by with a locked rear open or limited front ,but lockers F/R would be optimal .

I'm not saying this to be a debbie downer , But everyone says trails like SpringCreek and Chinaman's are easily done in a bone stock Jeep with the right driver and taking the easy lines , well last year going to SpringCreek I witnessed every unlocked rig struggle and bash their way up Spring Creek on 33-35s that had no lockers while taking the easiest lines you can immagine for the trail , and the reason for it was a simple sprinkle of rain while on the trail , and the same happened to the Rubicon in our group when we ran Chinaman's and it rained , which he was on 32s with high clearance bumpers and rocker guards , which he did well ,but without the lockers it would have been spinnning tires and bash city . There is a huge difference on these trails from a dry season where it's a dust bowl to when there is any percipitation leaving the trail a little wet ...LOL...I think T2G if he recalls the SpringCreek run last Summer with the same clarity I do that it was not pretty for the unlocked rigs even the ones on 35s ...it took the Toyota truck an hour to reack the rock garden and atleast an hour to get up the trail from there and is was a bash fest leaving that truck not looking like it did b4 the run .

After Running trails like Chinaman's and SpringCreek last year I'd say 32-33s and lockers should be the required minimum equipment .I'm sure you can get by with a locked rear open or limited front ,but lockers F/R would be optimal .

I'm not saying this to be a debbie downer , But everyone says trails like SpringCreek and Chinaman's are easily done in a bone stock Jeep with the right driver and taking the easy lines , well last year going to SpringCreek I witnessed every unlocked rig struggle and bash their way up Spring Creek on 33-35s that had no lockers while taking the easiest lines you can immagine for the trail , and the reason for it was a simple sprinkle of rain while on the trail , and the same happened to the Rubicon in our group when we ran Chinaman's and it rained , which he was on 32s with high clearance bumpers and rocker guards , which he did well ,but without the lockers it would have been spinnning tires and bash city . There is a huge difference on these trails from a dry season where it's a dust bowl to when there is any percipitation leaving the trail a little wet ...LOL...I think T2G if he recalls the SpringCreek run last Summer with the same clarity I do that it was not pretty for the unlocked rigs even the ones on 35s ...it took the Toyota truck an hour to reack the rock garden and atleast an hour to get up the trail from there and is was a bash fest leaving that truck not looking like it did b4 the run .

Yeah, Ive gotten stuck behind trail traffic on spring creek before with rigs going up on 31s and opens difs. The rock garden sucked since most of the people bashed up their tie rods that was in front of my group. Or not having any skid plates.

Back