• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

I’ve used the claw one and the slide hammer with success
Not mine but they were HF
For what ever that is worth

anyone know if the cheap H/F style bearing pullers are worth a damn on a carrier?

im torn between cutting old ones off/ buying new bearings to make some set ups and pulling the current and using those.

The bearing splitter works fine but it will usually destroy the bearing. Gets em off tho. Use one at work a d at home. You need an expensive one like the Yukon tool really to pull them off pretty intact.

Crap, well i think ill use a cutting wheel and cold chisel them off.

Also just discoverd this while pulling the carrier apart.
e03d4376ef6cda183fd404271fd8c037.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

picture.php

The content was recorded on Danny's phone posted to Danny's face book aka...Chinakee... he has not sent me the video so I can't post it independently, so most likely that means you need to friend Danny to view the video content... He also forgot to record me going up which was actually pretty easy for it raining ...lol... if it can be crawled raining it's going to be insanely easy when not ....anywho on our way back down I had become accustomed to just holding my soggy brakes to the floor waiting for them to actually do something, well coming off a 6-7 7ft sheer drop that practice immediately had my rear end coming up to try and pass my front...ended up using the stinger and the gas pedal as soon as I realized what I was doing by accident with the brake ... stood that bitch right up and down like 6'° clock ... struts do make for a damn Smooth landing.

Content not found

The content was recorded on Danny's phone posted to Danny's face book aka...Chinakee... he has not sent me the video so I can't post it independently, so most likely that means you need to friend Danny to view the video content... He also forgot to record me going up which was actually pretty easy for it raining ...lol... if it can be crawled raining it's going to be insanely easy when not ....anywho on our way back down I had become accustomed to just holding my soggy brakes to the floor waiting for them to actually do something, well coming off a 6-7 7ft sheer drop that practice immediately had my rear end coming up to try and pass my front...ended up using the stinger and the gas pedal as soon as I realized what I was doing by accident with the brake ... stood that bitch right up and down like 6'° clock ... struts do make for a damn Smooth landing.

I don't have fb but David sent me screenshots of said event.

IMG_4323.jpg IMG_4324.jpg

Already had the back half of my dodges exhaust pulled and figured the pre cut ready to install mbrp section would be a quick slip together install and bolt up the hangers... it appears they have a shortage of tape measures in Ontario Canada because I had to it almost a foot out off their pre fit ready to install exhaust . It's 3 sections two contain the bends that go over the axke and out the side of the bed those bends were right so I figure they sent the wrong main tube straight section and may be for a different year or model like cab and chassis. I just didn't plan to have cit up a pre fit ready to install exhaust and their stuff isn't cheap so you expect it to fit . I'm going to have to cut the main tube again anyway when my flo pro twister shows up I like the louder exhaust but the noise of the VGT turbo is a bit obnoxious and it needs to be tamed down a bit for the longer trips ...lol... and to be a bit less obvious there isn't one emissions component under her .

Just curious if anyone has ever replaced a flex plate successfully without lowering the trans/case and were able to get enough room by just sliding it back . Not sure if there is enough room to slip everything back and get to converter bolts but it sure would beat dropping it completely...lol... I know I thought about having a shop don't while I'm on the road, but $800-1000 can be wasted other places than being lazy. I've had the trans out twice in 10 years or was easier to pull when it had leafs and no belly skid and rear link crossmember ...its easy straight forward just time consuming when done in a driveway on your back .

Fellow driver told me that masks are law and as a law abiding citizen I shouldn't question being forced to don the mask. I said if you feel you need to wear a mask for your safety you should be able to but if you don't feel that way it should be personal choice. I pointed out a face covering in all states that require one could be a piece of toilet paper draped over your face held on with tape and most people wearing masks are nothing more than a bandanna so the actually effectiveness of this can't be very much.

I asked this driver if they upped it tomorrow mandating you now wear the mask , gloves, goggles, and face shield would you be wilfully compliant his answer was " yes sir" he then told me his covid story of being sick for 4 weeks I told him antibody testing says I had it as well , but wouldn't recall my experience as life threatening.

This driver is a morbidly obese sack of pudding who is out of breath walking 20ft ...after his mask and covid guilt trip proceeds to start lighting up his cigarette to which he smoked 5 in the hour he was there .

These are the people who make me roll over laughing with the covid mask wearing safety guilt trip... I don't wear a mask unless I can't get out of doing so ... but here you have a guy telling me covid kills and he wears a mask ... yet he has no problem staying morbidly obese and a heavy smoker . I do have a mask I made out of an old sack from some Oranges ...I fully plan to wear it since it is as legitanemt as a bandanna face covering .

Fellow driver told me that masks are law and as a law abiding citizen I shouldn't question being forced to don the mask. I said if you feel you need to wear a mask for your safety you should be able to but if you don't feel that way it should be personal choice. I pointed out a face covering in all states that require one could be a piece of toilet paper draped over your face held on with tape and most people wearing masks are nothing more than a bandanna so the actually effectiveness of this can't be very much.

I asked this driver if they upped it tomorrow mandating you now wear the mask , gloves, goggles, and face shield would you be wilfully compliant his answer was " yes sir" he then told me his covid story of being sick for 4 weeks I told him antibody testing says I had it as well , but wouldn't recall my experience as life threatening.

This driver is a morbidly obese sack of pudding who is out of breath walking 20ft ...after his mask and covid guilt trip proceeds to start lighting up his cigarette to which he smoked 5 in the hour he was there .

These are the people who make me roll over laughing with the covid mask wearing safety guilt trip... I don't wear a mask unless I can't get out of doing so ... but here you have a guy telling me covid kills and he wears a mask ... yet he has no problem staying morbidly obese and a heavy smoker . I do have a mask I made out of an old sack from some Oranges ...I fully plan to wear it since it is as legitanemt as a bandanna face covering .

100%

Snapped the driver side bellhousing to block bolt . I started late so only had couple hours after that to unbolt all crap that needs to be before trans can be slid back . I only got about 75% of the crap off so I won't know until tomorrow when I pull the last couple items and slide thre trans back if enough meat sticks out of block to get it off with vice grips . If it don't work out The easy way I'll probably wait to get it out until I pull the exhaust manifold to replace the cracked one as that will get the collector/down pipe out of my way and I should be able to drill an easy out on that end of the bolt the other would require dropping the trans to fit a drill . May also be able to bang a chisel into it and spin it out...lol... it could be couple minutes of fun or a few hours. There isn't much "hard" work doing this it is just an awkward position without a lift and the amount of stuff that needs off my rig just to access the trans ... suuuucks . That said this work would be much more fulfilling if it was a v8 install adding about 200hp , bit it's not :-(

Just curious if anyone has ever replaced a flex plate successfully without lowering the trans/case and were able to get enough room by just sliding it back . Not sure if there is enough room to slip everything back and get to converter bolts but it sure would beat dropping it completely...lol... I know I thought about having a shop don't while I'm on the road, but $800-1000 can be wasted other places than being lazy. I've had the trans out twice in 10 years or was easier to pull when it had leafs and no belly skid and rear link crossmember ...its easy straight forward just time consuming when done in a driveway on your back .

Found this answer on CherkeefForum archives... yes you can use 7/16th all thread in place of the two lower trans bolts and just slide the trans and case back 7 inches to remove a flex plate without dropping it completely . A few members on there have successfully done this so it's not a maybe . Just figured I'd post this since it may be useful to next man or woman who gets the privilege of replacing a busted plate .

Back