• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Oh so update on my life:
Took truck to local dealer to get it’s due service before heading to front range to pick up a new project and parts. Picked up from dealer, went for a test ride.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks!

Damn, Mike, you do have the worst luck with other people screwing up your vehicles for you. Still gonna make it to Moab?

Damn, Mike, you do have the worst luck with other people screwing up your vehicles for you. Still gonna make it to Moab?

I am a big possible for a solo day trip in the taco. Not 100% sure yet as this is kind of taking the tow rig aspect out of things which is always nice to have. But I’m hoping to make it and maybe meet up for a Hells run or something similar that won’t be too crazy for a day trip.

Worst luck or best luck...... 2 ways to look at this situation really.... You were VERY lucky the situation didn't pitch you right into the path of an approaching tractor trailer......

Glad you're ok (physically.. I imagine it was scary as hell, then infuriating...)

Hope the dealership steps up and takes responsibility.

A guy in the Hellcat group had to have his engine replaced. He blew it up, paid out $10K to get it done at the dealership. Car had $20K in mods to it beyond the engine replacement. 3 miles on it after picking it up from the dealership, catches fire, burns to the ground. Insurance investigation determines that a fuel supply coupler wasn't properly fastened (or checked by the tech as required per Dodge specific procedure) and when fuel pressure reached max supply pressure, coupler came apart spraying fuel all over. Dealership is denying responsibility......lawyers are involved now.... unreal.

Oddly oncoming traffic was a semi, and he was only one to stop and check on me. Everyone else drove right by. Scared the old man shitless. Recognized me from the gym. Had no traffic, specifically a logger, not been coming I would have much liked the soft grassy hill on that side of road vs testing the barrier (if you are familiar with that section of road, the drops aren’t small or gradual on other side of the barrier.
I’ve had a few legal convos and until they say ‘no we aren’t fixing it’ no one can help. At this point the service manager said it was their fault and passed it off to their insurance. It’s their insurance who hasn’t ponied up and gotten things going. It’s been all me so far. And I’m getting tired of being out of character and playing very nice. (I have been very accommodating so far). But I’m close to throwing a bitch fit, or getting 3rd party involved.
Luckily trooper stated the wheel in the condition it was in was the sole cause of the accident and that my alertness and driving prevented a larger accident. So that will help should i need it.

Oddly oncoming traffic was a semi, and he was only one to stop and check on me. Everyone else drove right by. Scared the old man shitless. Recognized me from the gym. Had no traffic, specifically a logger, not been coming I would have much liked the soft grassy hill on that side of road vs testing the barrier (if you are familiar with that section of road, the drops aren’t small or gradual on other side of the barrier.
I’ve had a few legal convos and until they say ‘no we aren’t fixing it’ no one can help. At this point the service manager said it was their fault and passed it off to their insurance. It’s their insurance who hasn’t ponied up and gotten things going. It’s been all me so far. And I’m getting tired of being out of character and playing very nice. (I have been very accommodating so far). But I’m close to throwing a bitch fit, or getting 3rd party involved.
Luckily trooper stated the wheel in the condition it was in was the sole cause of the accident and that my alertness and driving prevented a larger accident. So that will help should i need it.

Koo

Mike it sounds like you did not properly ...pretrip...your vehicle before operation . .;-)

Koo

Mike it sounds like you did not properly ...pretrip...your vehicle before operation . .;-)

Amen to that. It was part my frustration from dealing with the dealer (this place sucks) and being under the assumption that ****ing up the very very very basic work they did would take an act of god. Well call me a believer. Also why I always test drive though. Can’t imagine it would have been much fun with the trailer behind me... :gee:

I couldn't resist replating the back half of the frame rails with 4x4 1/4 angle over the 10g stiffeners the few pounds it adds is outweighed by how stout it is .

My milling machine is up and running. Anyone got any projects?

5gINVSKyGlHlBtfSBD-7kdOk8_afN-k8HHsGR_yzHSdwIxbEp-PEvYE0_FZbEYWX8LXPv-VTgpQMi0LMZChifByLmr2iQP1aMhpfyWSOFiBNB9LG7WRDxI5Nj3Qm_hE5qaublhycfvRPX5LIhTAkMel8YrRiBAQRB5VmgszZONKhIn0qLCoBkJ2ynASQQuOpIcmY7AEPgjOwzRPTDgWKDhkoWWoBPVOdPRkiAyeU-ePv2NlVq5610VE-r0ZMfrKR5JByr6rDPoID3A1mEj50q_sjE6eDWYlbavVo3G8FSBMH9WBwUyoec01xGThjv2PS3fSafXC3oC7uFNU_kK0XL87_qyuOZZjIqzcx9nR3YR_0ZeUBtHMT9DWguoVKakzgxWCV62gdFDuL4H6UjRlrFv1XgsFHL7_Zdrrn-gwXP4zBuOyE0yb7l8ppCdfUIoOQbmuNE6eJdfGDYyA7pWGXzz7Lo27kXslLa1aq-g0e57LOHomoqp6orxqD9bgB8hpHT1EfLLQOKZ9o23uplMA9qOJY46YxtPrxcfa5VlAebCnjmjxcFhJdhp7tHXnjdmg_zsdYXip5QfzCUdp5lbQ5dVgEIfA0v2Vs6KT-OowAFuPARVW-z5Huy0UKk7tWPRc-IK1NVFAvkOjlKiN_uYptKJyiRPiPa1_qzhW9WvlJhWhRmG5dZquY-Jk5=w500-no
Do I spy a Jacobs chuck?

I have a project making 1-inch holes in 4, U-Bolt plates. I planned on using hole saws, but the pilot is awfully close to the existing holes. Aligning and clamping on my drill press would take much longer than doing the same on your mill table.

Do I spy a Jacobs chuck?

I have a project making 1-inch holes in 4, U-Bolt plates. I planned on using hole saws, but the pilot is awfully close to the existing holes. Aligning and clamping on my drill press would take much longer than doing the same on your mill table.

Yes that is a Jacobs chuck. That would be pretty simple to do. You should still have my number, shoot me a text and let's setup a time.

Yes that is a Jacobs chuck. That would be pretty simple to do. You should still have my number, shoot me a text and let's setup a time.

When I'm not working and sleeping!

Wasnt for bad luck I wouldn’t have any. Just glad I went to pick it up and not Ash.

Got my preliminary estimate yesterday. $20k in damage just from what they can see on a rack. Full frame replacement. My guess is they’ll total it out. I made it 9 months with this one.

Got my preliminary estimate yesterday. $20k in damage just from what they can see on a rack. Full frame replacement. My guess is they’ll total it out. I made it 9 months with this one.

Well, at least this one is getting replaced on someone else's dime likely...and you're not getting boned by the state for the incompetence of their own employees.

Well, at least this one is getting replaced on someone else's dime likely...and you're not getting boned by the state for the incompetence of their own employees.

Yeah no shady ass judge involved in this one. Sounds like insurance finally is taking liability on everything and getting things squared away. Just awaiting their offer to buy out truck as I don’t see them fixing it. Being it’s insurance and not just the dealer I don’t see a vehicle swap being in the works, just a cash out for total and run. Which still screws me a bit. If that’s what happens I may just use my work truck for time being and hold off on another purchase. I don’t know yet.

Yeah no shady ass judge involved in this one. Sounds like insurance finally is taking liability on everything and getting things squared away. Just awaiting their offer to buy out truck as I don’t see them fixing it. Being it’s insurance and not just the dealer I don’t see a vehicle swap being in the works, just a cash out for total and run. Which still screws me a bit. If that’s what happens I may just use my work truck for time being and hold off on another purchase. I don’t know yet.

If you have insurance and such, full coverage, there is no reason you should be screwed at all. The money total should be pretty well right where your truck was.

They're supposed to give you fair market value for the truck, if they're not going to fix it.

If they won't, that's when the verbiage of lawyering up comes into play.

I'd still slam the dealership all over social media if I'm not rolling in a truck of equal or more value by the time it's all done.

Oh I’ve got my insurance on standby. But right now looks like dealers insurance (albeit lazy and shitty to deal with ) is taking things over.
Yeah we will see how things pan out.

I more so meant still screws me as I’ll have to shop around again. Another down payment. Another registration (which might as well be another down payment in this damn state) more time wasted. A new line of credit. Yada yada yada.

I more so meant still screws me as I’ll have to shop around again. Another down payment. Another registration (which might as well be another down payment in this damn state) more time wasted. A new line of credit. Yada yada yada.

Ah, yeah true. If all this was your fault, one thing to be out a little.

But If I were the GM of this dealership, I'd be making sure you didn't leave without a smile on your face, and as a good...teaching...lesson to the shop manager and crew.

Because, then the possibility of getting sued to high heaven, and getting blasted on anything from social media to the news about our simple, but nearly fatal, **** up might just remain...silent.

Back