• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

With all the work I'm doing right now, I'm thinking about stretching the front a couple inches.

In which case, I'll be hitting Julene back up about getting some snazzy AL links done.

They are more expensive than DOM yes, but by the time I deal with bungs, cutting the links, maybe needing to run a tap through the bungs, etc...having the AL links is well worth it.

I don't need new bungs ect...I will do what I did on the front which is cut about 3 inches off each end flap wheel the powder coat off then cut my new length of 2.5 and drill all 4 sides for 7/8 plug welds then gently beat them in with a 5lb short sledge and weld up the 1/4 lip . The only round tube in my link set up are the rear uppers at 1.75 x .250 wall I used that because the uppers were 2.5 jj's but only have the 1 inch shank so the .250 fit mybtube adapters...I should have just sleeved the ends of some .120 to get the correct I.D. instead of using the .250

From what I've seen the square tube has held up better than the 2 inch Round ...its just not bling , but I have $ 150 joints on the ends of that square tube most of you round guys have cheap ruff stuff heims , so it balances out the lack of bling .

My wheel base is right at 118s this gives me about 90° front approach and about the same in the rear . The extra 5 inches I added up front really makes for a nice drive shaft angle after losing about 2.5 to the atlas .

Last edited:

Just in case I snap a valve stem again...IMG_20180822_47926.jpg

You can buy 1/8 npt tank valves at ace , but they are much longer and more prone to getting hit .ORI has theirs made special length and can't be bought at ace , so I bought plenty. After seeing one snap pretty easy I will be making a guard for the lower foot of the ori that will cover the valve .

Just in case I snap a valve stem again...View attachment 6376

You can buy 1/8 npt tank valves at ace , but they are much longer and more prone to getting hit .ORI has theirs made special length and can't be bought at ace , so I bought plenty. After seeing one snap pretty easy I will be making a guard for the lower foot of the ori that will cover the valve .

Interesting. I literally just got off the phone with them about an hour ago. I'll give them a call back and have some of those added. Need to have them add some misalignment spacers as well.

Yeah I spoke to Sarah last week to see what psi the cores were ...2,000 on lowers. I bought one stem from ace just to plug the hole temporarily there cores are only 200 psi ... During my conversation I also found out the pair of piggy back reservoirs I've been waiting on from undercoverfab are actually back ordered until April 2019...yet undercover already toom my PayPal payment a d said nothing about a year delay only said it would be a couple weeks...lol...so in the interest of time Sarah said they had an old style left in Blue and they could set that up...still no word from undercoverfab about the 1 year delay or lack of mentioning that delay.

Lol...I got a bag of spacers as well because if I drop one and it's not right in sight I'm not looking for it .

Last edited:

Since I'll be going with longer links...I'll need new ones (without being ghetto).

Shortening...different story.

If I was keeping 2 inch tube I would have bought new adapters there is no clean way to do it without them , but going up to 2.5 let me use the ends of the old link as tube adapters slid right into the ends of the 2.5 .The weld seem on the 2.5 was slight enough that I didn't even need to bevel the 2 inch insert .I'm toying with going round for my new rear lowers, I don't think they make an adapter for a 2 inch I.D. so I'd need either a .500 wall or weld a tube adapter to some 2 inch then slide that into the 2.5 ...So it just seems easier to keep the square , but I may go 2.5 DOM So I can see how they hold up vs my square fronts which seem to take more abuse than the rear as I hit them more often .

IMG_20180825_14949.jpg

Ahhh...lol...the people of Wyoming .Next time you see a drunk missing fingers in Wyoming think of this picture shot at exit 3 i80 Evanston Wyoming.

The Colorado BS thread

View attachment 6378

Ahhh...lol...the people of Wyoming .Next time you see a drunk missing fingers in Wyoming think of this picture shot at exit 3 i80 Evanston Wyoming.

Lol. I’m in Douglas currently. Aside from being a shit hole, it’s pretty much what I would expect in Wyoming. Liquor/diners, liquor/markets, liquor/fireworks, liquor/laundry, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I’m in Douglas currently. Aside from being a shit hole, it’s pretty much what I would expect in Wyoming. Liquor/diners, liquor/markets, liquor/fireworks, liquor/laundry, etc.

I just picture the clerk handing off a bottle Crown and a bag of m80s and saying..."have fun".

I'm in Wyoming too,and all I see are vehicles pulled over by Wyoming highway patrol with red and white/green and white plates trying to explain why they are driving 25mph + over the speed limit . See it every day on Wy. 59.

The Colorado BS thread

I'm in Wyoming too,and all I see are vehicles pulled over by Wyoming highway patrol with red and white/green and white plates trying to explain why they are driving 25mph + over the speed limit . See it every day on Wy. 59.

By town where that construction zone is is bad for HP. Luckily I stay on the rig and don’t have to deal with it much.

The Colorado BS thread

Oh I meant Douglas. And by town I meant the two turn offs from the highway lol.

The Colorado BS thread

- Gillette-Not much to look at but the money is good !

What you doing up there? They tried getting me to go up there. Said furthest I go is Casper, so Douglas it is. Lol. Working on getting closer to home. This man camp shit blows.

What you doing up there? They tried getting me to go up there. Said furthest I go is Casper, so Douglas it is. Lol. Working on getting closer to home. This man camp shit blows.

Are you back hauling h20?

You Gillette bashers are killing me! The wife and I are going up next week to spend our 25th wedding anniversary there. lol. My wife actually has family up there that we haven't seen in years and we have a few extra days off. Yes, we know how to have a good time...

We are going to Hawaii next month to celebrate our anniversary.

You Gillette bashers are killing me! The wife and I are going up next week to spend our 25th wedding anniversary there. lol. My wife actually has family up there that we haven't seen in years and we have a few extra days off. Yes, we know how to have a good time...

We are going to Hawaii next month to celebrate our anniversary.

Everyone I've known that has moved there, worked there, visited there all ended up with one motive...get out.

:laugh:

Back