• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

The YMCA there can eat a big one too, talk about biased referees for their hockey program. My son's team got called for 6 penalties and their home team didn't get a single one. Even the kid on their team who skated up to and blatantly elbowed one of our kids after the whistle had been blown didn't get a penalty called on him. I'd never been so upset about a kid's game before, and I thought our coach was going to get ejected the way he was yelling at one of the refs. No wonder that team is undefeated at home. Its ok though, we'll get them come tournament time.

The YMCA there can eat a big one too, talk about biased referees for their hockey program. My son's team got called for 6 penalties and their home team didn't get a single one. Even the kid on their team who skated up to and blatantly elbowed one of our kids after the whistle had been blown didn't get a penalty called on him. I'd never been so upset about a kid's game before, and I thought our coach was going to get ejected the way he was yelling at one of the refs. No wonder that team is undefeated at home. Its ok though, we'll get them come tournament time.

Nice they are teaching kids good sportsmanship...lol

The Colorado BS thread

Last week I delivered to the Costco in Superior off Marshalltown rd lot had 3 trucks in it already so I parked the curb just b4 the receiving entrance . It was 0300 there are no houses on either side of me the first house is 1000ft up the road and about 10 minutes after parking a douchbag comes walking up in the dark and stands at my window to start bitchinh about the trucks parking there and it being a no parking, zone from 10pm-6am and he's being disturbed by my running truck , well my truck was shut off the minute I set my brakes ...lol...that kinda left him looking for balance in his argument then he became irate and eventually had him banging on my truck and me offering him a foot in the ass if he did not go home ...cops were called ...lol...So today I roll into Superior at 0430 and politely sound my air horn for 200 feet .

Craig and Aspen are the worst. My drivers get cops called all the time if they leave reefers or tractors running. A-holes!

Reading posts here it seem the message is that the world is full of morons and assholes, LOL. Down here we get upset when the local teenage mutants turn their boom boxes up so load the plaster falls of the walls inside the house. LOL

On Lighter Lumen note, for you crypto fanatics here, a friend of mine researching coins sent me this:

What IBM Deal Means for Stellar Lumen

https://coinjoker.com/ibm-deal-means-stellar-lumen/

Frequently Asked Questions About Lumens

https://www.stellar.org/lumens/

IBM & KlickEx Choose Stellar Lumen to Be The Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQPAoxctniA

Merry Christmas folks!!!

Any shops in Colorado that do Aluminium links at reasonable prices like the guys online ? Looking for 2.25 -2.5 diameter about 40 long 7075 preferably 2.5 diameter .

Summit machine or Front range off-road/diamond.

Also Josh at crawlertech but I assume You already know that.

Summit machine or Front range off-road/diamond.

Also Josh at crawlertech but I assume You already know that.

No thought he bought his from outside source , but will give him a look. I can easily do steel links but I like the look of aluminum and 2.5 steel links weigh a ton.

Those are purdy!

attachment.php

Wish I got Christmas presents like that! Are you gonna have someone charge them up or is it pretty straight forward to do yourself?

They are stupid simple to set up if you can fill a tire you can charge a strut .I'm going to pick up the fancy dual fill kit but you can fill them with just a regulator and air chuck.

At work there is this 6ft 3 inch dude who is "transitioning " into a ... woman... for Christ sake it looks like sasquatch and yet is offended by those who just don't recognize the femininity ...lol

Shweet... Jensen was out of stock for my rear 18s so called John at the flop shop and scored a deal on a set of used 18 etc for $1000 ...they are Red but for an $800 discount the color is no issue ...

Struts I got from John look in great shape the only negative I found was since he was not the original owner I don't know their date if manufacture I know they are STX by the body but without knowing the year I don't know if they have the older Viton sealsor the new compound like the ones I just bought from Jensen ...Not really a big deal seals are cheap enough to upgrade from ORI . Now I just need time to start the work .

...Not really a big deal seals are cheap enough to upgrade from ORI .

Not so much :laugh:

Mine were/are ST's.

All 4 have gone in once for a seal go through (1 hydrolocked, 2 others had seal issues) and upgrading to the STX Caps. The seals were really my fault, since hydraulics like to be worked, not sit for a few years.

After EJS this year, my rears locked up again. The lower seals (ST's) were an issue (fixed in STX's). My rear are practically STX's after the go through.

Lots of stuff was warrantied, but I still paid shipping and other things.

Sadly, I'm not too far from the cost of having bought an entire new set of STX's.

That being said, still happy with my ORI's so far.

Now, after replacing the head gasket again (my son's Jeep Liberty, bought this year... 2010), and fixing what ever they forked up when they did a valve job on the head(s) just for grins, they now say it needs a crankshaft which they are going to do for free.:D

:wierd:

LMAO!!!:laugh3: Too funny.

Seems I need to send my son, who has a degree in Physics now and has worked on jeeps and fords with me, etc with me, ...need to send him back to mechanics school, LOL. But in all fairness he just told me what they told him.... He was at work, busy...

Who knows maybe the staff at the local ancient motor rebuilder shop here, needs a refresher course in the names of engine parts as well.:twak:

My guess is whoever called him with the update has no idea what the difference is between muffler bearings and blinker fluid. And today's public/customer (they do work mostly for STEALERSHIPS LOL) is just as clueless, it matters not what they tell the customers...

My guess is that the CPS is what they are replacing. Nothing to get all CRANKED up about LOL

Not so much :laugh:

Mine were/are ST's.

All 4 have gone in once for a seal go through (1 hydrolocked, 2 others had seal issues) and upgrading to the STX Caps. The seals were really my fault, since hydraulics like to be worked, not sit for a few years.

After EJS this year, my rears locked up again. The lower seals (ST's) were an issue (fixed in STX's). My rear are practically STX's after the go through.

Lots of stuff was warrantied, but I still paid shipping and other things.

Sadly, I'm not too far from the cost of having bought an entire new set of STX's.

That being said, still happy with my ORI's so far.

I don't have the ST version but from my understanding they still had an issue with the seals on the early stx in extreme cold and melting in the 110 moab summer heat.Since John could not give the year of purchase I don't know what seals are in these the newest version seals are supposed to be the fix for temp issue. Jensen outlined the cost of replacing seals it is not more than $125 a strut for labor and seals ...yes if you had ST version you would be spending a fair amount more . These look in great shape so at $1000 for them used I saved $800 plus the wait the new pair I bought was $1736 to my door from Jensen Brothers I'm going to order the external reservoirs from him as well since I really liked how easy he was to deal with asking questions .

After looking over the Jimmys chassis at John's I'm probably going to run the xj for little then possibly pick up one of those and either swap parts onto it from the xj or sell the xj and start with fresh parts ...a 3500lb car with aluminum skins and a v8 would be fun

Last edited:

20180101_011037-350x500.jpg

20180101_011020-350x500.jpg

20180101_010614-500x500.jpg

20180101_011037-500x500.jpg

Two Black 18s are new from Jensen off road the two Red 18s are used acquired from John at the Flop Shop the Reds compress to the 5/8 spec they should I have not charged them up so no idea if seals are 100% the top shraders are a bit ovaled that is the only thing beat on them . They are all 18s STX model ...Got to get some pieces ordered for the front stretch and Inner fender clearance , but should be on trail by summer...next step is to sell the rockers and acquire a set of stickys.

How much for them?

If I sell them before I use them this season probably around $1500 they were $2300 shipped and they only have 3 easy limp wristed trail runs on them they still have injection mold tiddies on them . If I run them a bit and break them in some then probably $1000 . Since you're expressing interest I'll keep you in mind when the time comes and give heads up first b4 selling.

Back