• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I'm thinking about either running Penrose or Middle Middle trail at Ten falls in Gypsum for Labor day ...Damn these first world problems . Going to make a quick fun run to Spring Creek this week sometime for quick pictures .

The pics are good. And not shaky. Just low quality. If you have a higher quality they would work great.

Left the house at 0030 we live on a small steep dirt road ...so you can imagine my surprise when I rounded the bend to see a Full size semi with a 53ft trailer on the hill ...stuck...I ask the driver what's up he says he's delivering furniture ...lol...I say not in that on these roads and who ever sent you is a moron . He then asks the town he is in I said BAILEY and he says is that In La Junta ...lol...Hell no ! you're 200 miles away . He then says it's the same ZIp code...my reply no way not a chance. So now the fun stuff he's blocking the road and can't get moving forward or back , so I back up turn around and get a tow strap and return hook up and we manage to get it unstuck and lined up as to where he should have been able to back out onto the main road . He never did get out and walk around the truck to see where his,truck was as I had asked him and when I said do not steer just stay straight he did not do that either he steered and was headed right off the mountain side I was screaming for him to stop and I got him to stop just as his trailer tires were in the dirt bank less than 2 feet from going off . So now he's stuck again and can only go forward so I hook up the Dodge again and we manage to get it moving and set up again to back to the road . I ask him if he wants me to back it down and he replied...NO!...so we start backing and he stops and gets stuck , but it's still good just needs a tug from the dot bar , so I once again ask him to get out look where he's at so he understands why I don't want him to steer , but he declines so before I get in my pickup I once again stress the importance he does not steer . I start tugging anf the truck starts rolling I feel a bump another bump and we stop . I get out and he has steered hard passenger which has now put his drives into dirt bank and almost off the,side of the mountain . The only way to go is forward and I gave it a try ,but he's in soft dirt and the pull is up hill so no dice . He then asks me if dumping his air bags will get him out I said...NOPE...he decides to try anyway and he dumps the bags and dumps the clutch and I hear a loud pop and his drives stop I look and he still has a drive shaft , so I think he roached a ring and pinion since neither axles move a tire when the drive shaft spins ...just a grinding noise .

He put me on the phone to give his location to his boss and towing company ...lol...his boss must really be confused how his truck os in Harris park in Bailey co stuck when delivery is in La Junta . I still can't see how this guy left 285 got on back roads to nowhere and whole lost decided to take a semi off paved road onto washed out dirt roads ?

Last edited:

He probably used SIRI on his I-phone for directions, and driving instructions :laugh3: LMAO.

Yeah got his truck off the hill it took 3 resets each reset he steered rather just straight line back which would have put him back on cr47 paved road and right back to us 285 . The last reset he jacked the truck putting the drives into the dirt bank and almost off the hill at this point he was off the hill and 50ft from freedom ,but I could not pull him uphill and back would take him off the hill .He decided to drop the bags and try to move this just made a loud pop and he lost his drives , so there he sat waiting for repairs .

After his first failed attempt at straight line backing I asked him if I could back it off the hill...had he accepted the truck would have been off the hill and headed to La Junta . What amazes me is he never once got out to walk around the truck and trailer to see exactly what he was in ...lol...he's the guy who gets stuck and just gives it more fuel .

OH NOs! The cone of shame!

Errr..

attachment.php

<iframe width="368" height="207" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7rKPsFpJGqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He should bag it, and add some titanium skids to make sparks driving down the road...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The Flat tire Liberty mutual commercial cracks me up ...not so much the commercial but the idea that todays 16 year old male does not poses the basic ability to change a flat tire .

Back