• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I did get a check for 1360,00 from there co so it will get repaired ,the truck is a 04 and i will also have the previous owners scratch repaint's done over, It really wasn't hit bad just a dent about bumper high behind the drivers rear tire , I can't believe you guys let me slide on the old folks re,srk you all must be sliping ))

LOL, Ken - we have no corrosion concerns in CO, our relative humidity averages 20% :D

I'm not old, so no harm no foul : )

Well geico assumed liability for it. now the fun. They gave me two options for repair shops for me to get a rental. If I choose to go to my own shop they will only give me a rental for the day(s) the parts are being put on the truck. any other days are out of pocket. Starting to get irritated already.

Well geico assumed liability for it. now the fun. They gave me two options for repair shops for me to get a rental. If I choose to go to my own shop they will only give me a rental for the day(s) the parts are being put on the truck. any other days are out of pocket. Starting to get irritated already.

Yeah, they're trying the typical insurance company BS, their spewing lies to try and scam you into their shop so they can pay less to have crappy parts put on your truck.

They have to pay for wherever you want to take it, as well as a rental car from the time you drop your vehicle off, to the time you pick it back up. If you wanted to drop the truck off today, they would have to start paying today.

GF went through something very similar (got rear ended a couple months ago), and they tried pulling the same BS.

Your insurance company should be handling ALL of this and you should not be having to speak a WORD with their insurance company. Once your insurance company is involved they'll make sure the other party's insurance company pays...since if they don't your insurance company would be out money (which we know all insurance companies hate).

Ya I'm just being patient with calling them since they can't return my calls. I'm ready to lose a gasket. And I got a bs ticket today too so I'm even more grumpy. Imma start sounding like Fred soon lmfao

A parody of a parody, this actually made me laugh:

IMG_20140225_135047_zpsjxhpl1xo.jpg

:D

What oil do you guys run in your stroker motors? Also any thought on puting
In a inline water seperater. The only gas station in the middle of nowhere i live
Seems to have a amount of water in there tanks

I run 10w40 Valvoline Durablend. I have 100k+ on the motor.

Just make sure you have plenty of zinc additive in the stroker for breakin, or you WILL have a lifter failure. Shell Rotella used to have eleveated zinc, but I think the nazi's at EPA corrected that, so you actually need to buy a zinc additive for breakin. After breakin, I ran Valvoline 10-30, and the stroker had no issues up to something like 100k (I forget when I started the rebuild... getting old, ya know?)

Just make sure you have plenty of zinc additive in the stroker for breakin, or you WILL have a lifter failure. Shell Rotella used to have eleveated zinc, but I think the nazi's at EPA corrected that, so you actually need to buy a zinc additive for breakin. After breakin, I ran Valvoline 10-30, and the stroker had no issues up to something like 100k (I forget when I started the rebuild... getting old, ya know?)

Good to know thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone have a connection to get a new key made for an '06 Dodge truck. Dealership wants $230! I know it's costs more with the integral remote, but that's crazy.

Anyone have a connection to get a new key made for an '06 Dodge truck. Dealership wants $230! I know it's costs more with the integral remote, but that's crazy.
This is why I refuse to buy new crap ! I will keep working on my old junk as long as I can. (sorry about your problem... I just had to vent)

I think Walmart does chipped keys for like $60

I'll check those both out. This is one of the keys where the clicker is built in, which is really annoying. I'm all about old school tech, but nothing in my current fleet can pull a fifth wheel.

Back