• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Ok. If you are laying under the jeep. Head toward the motor. Feet toward the rear axle.

You will be looking straight at the bolts.
Make sure the bolt you are tightening is just past the bottom.
Make sure you pull straight down. I used a breaker bar. I held one hand on the socket and pulled straight down every turn.
I didnt spin on me.
But then again. I was using a breaker bar and socket.
Not a wrench.

See if some one has a breaker bar you can borrow with a 15mm deep socket.

No I have one but I guess I was trying it before it all spun on me...
Never thought about getting the socket on it after it was down past the exhaust.
But Still I only have it on some shorty stands, the bar is a 22 inch, not much room under there...
Good enough to be dangerous over here, thanks for your help.

I'll check it out again in the morning.

No problem! Just take your time. If you get pissed. Walk away and come back to it.

Yeah, You need to invest in some good jack stands.
Even if you can get small turns at a time without it spinning. It will be better than nothing.
Try and pull down on the socket with your left hand and tighten with the right.
This will help keep it from spinning.

I had my tires on the ground while tightening it. But I have it sitting at 8" of lift. So there is plenty of room to lay underneath it.

Hey so the torque converter is spinning and I doubt I have 28 pounds on them. Have locktite on and hate to have it dry in the wrong spot. Only wrist tight with tiny 15mm box end and it's spinning. Tried to put some leverage in the tiny holes with round screwdriver/extension, etc, but can't get it stopped. Flat head screwdriver on the teeth?
I tried to turn the wrench instead of just pushing on it - difficult to do when you can barely get your hand up into the bellhousing, but still possible.

Other than that, maybe a flywheel/clutch tool (grabs the starter ring gear teeth) or jam a broomstick or something up in there?

duratracs meet mtz's?????

311711_279776555381187_100000465357504_1099419_1352039634_n.jpg

Kronik, sorry I didn't get your pm last night. I pmed you back but it dont say it went through. In the future call me!! If you got my PM let me know.

Hey Mike, I just have to rub it in. Are they for sale since you don't have a running rig? :rolleyes:

Looks like I am going with a 6.5 lift, now have to pick a company. Looking at rustys, iro, rc, and a mix from serious. What yall like? Or another? Will also get a hack and tap sye too same time with rear ds. So I need yalls help. I talked to vdub, and he made me bring rc, and rustys back into my mind. So thanks for in making my mind lol.

Local is normally easier and better.

Looks like I am going with a 6.5 lift, now have to pick a company. Looking at rustys, iro, rc, and a mix from serious. What yall like? Or another? Will also get a hack and tap sye too same time with rear ds. So I need yalls help. I talked to vdub, and he made me bring rc, and rustys back into my mind. So thanks for in making my mind lol.

Speaking from experience....Rough Country is pretty budget friendly, but be prepared to change out bushings on regular basis as they are usually shot within a few trails. It gets old quick.

Rusty's....don't bother. Over priced and their quality and customer service sucks. I've had numerous issues with them in the past and won't do it again. Just my $.02

Frank w/ Serious is a stand up dude! I doubt you'll find better customer service from any one else...and if there is ever a problem, he'll do what it takes to make it right.

How much is shipping?

Why Iron Rock? Dont just go based off the pics. I can make a stock jeep flex that much for a picture lol. Think about what it is you are ACTUALLY going to be doing with it. Think about what parts allow for the most clearance and best ease of access for working on the parts they cover. Nothing like droppin money on a lift that drags all over the place or you are replacing parts all the time. Or having to remove everything underneath just to work on it a lil bit.

And unless you plan on running 37's or bigger id reconsider the 6.5" of lift. Thats HUGE! does ya more harm than good.

Iron Rock's adjustable UCA bracket gives me the heebie jeebies, personally.

Back