• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Closed cooling to open

RamlebXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has probally been beat to death. BUT... I just aquired a new 94 radiator with some other goodies today. And I'm wanting to convert the closed system to an open one. I don't have to worry about the coolant temp sensor controlling the fan since im going to be controlling the fans with some dash mounted switches. So what I'm going to need is a heater control valve from a 91+, a overflow bottle, and some new hoses? is the heater valve necissary?

if I remeber correctly without a valve you will have hot coolant being run into the heater controls at all times. Also... if you can find a 4 cyl mj, the coolant return tank that mounts on the inner fender is a perfect fit. All you need to do is to move the ceramic isolator for the fuel pump? Its been a while, but thats what I did on the old renix. Worked great, and looked like factory.

gotcha, I was just going to buy a universal overflow tank and put it in the area where the airbox used to be, I'm homebrewing a intake with a heatshield so there will be room.

Another question, After installing the grill and replacing the electric fan with a 99's. I noticed quite a bit of room infront of the radiator *no AC* is it possible, or has anyone set up a fan infront of the radiator? its pretty cavernous without the ac condensor in there. I'm trying to go overkill on the cooling system since I do alot of sand driving in the summer and my lifted KJ with 32's seems to have a problem handing the heat *blew a head gasket 2 years ago* I'm worried about this older jeep, and want to keep it cool as I can.

Back