• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chinamens gulch

fatwreck said:
IMG_5273.jpg

i think i saw that guy earlier this year just breeze through carnage/LHC including the waterfall...
(though it did take him 2 or 3 attempts to get that beast lined up properly).

i mean how many FSJs can there be on 40s w/ a fuel cell and internal cage? ;)
if i recall, he's got a big V8 in there too, right?

terry

MMIXJ said:
i think i saw that guy earlier this year just breeze through carnage/LHC including the waterfall...
(though it did take him 2 or 3 attempts to get that beast lined up properly).

i mean how many FSJs can there be on 40s w/ a fuel cell and internal cage? ;)
if i recall, he's got a big V8 in there too, right?

terry

yep.. you're right Terry.

actually, he's come a long way since this pic was taken at Toy For Tots. you should see what he has doin' in the back now. very slick. I was talking to him the other day and he mentioned that last time he was up at Carnage, it was a fresh snowfall of 6"-8"... walked right up the waterfall.

motor: stock IIRC. he's just waiting for it to go but it's nowhere near. I think he'll stick with it for a while

interesting story on the rig.. his father bought it years ago brand spankin' new. A couple years back, he traded his father a 99 xj for it so he'd have something newer to drive. Last year, that thing was sitting of D44's front and rear with 33's then he decided to go all out. Did all the work himself in his garage. he's pretty experienced with this kinda stuff though.. he used to build hot rods and custom motorcycles for a living... now he just does it on the side.

COOL!

I may go for that!

I'm having trouble with the TC Skid... there don't seem to be any holes in the framerail that line up with the bolt hole in the skid...

The Gas tank skid needs to be welded to my hitch or I just need to go without a rear recovery point..

I made the mistake of grabbing a reese reciever at the yard and it won't fit with the Gas tank skid unless I hack the skid up and weld it to the hitch.. I've got all my cut lines figured out I just need to cut it and weld and get it up there..

I still need front towhooks.

10 am at the trail head is the official start time.Don't worry if your running late I'm sure you will catch up by the first obstical.Pack a lunch people its going to be a LONG day. see you on the trail
Led

I hope to be there.

Hey Led, how about starting a new thread with all the meeting times, campground info and trails in one spot. It's getting rather confusing on this thread as to exactly when and where to meet (we tend to get happy). My son and I plan to be there and would like to meet at the campground the night before. Is there a contact for reservations?

planefixer said:
JJ,I think Parkay needs to go on its maiden trail run.If not,you can ride along with me if you want.

Jeff

Heck I wish. 31s on a stocker wouldn't go offroad very well. :D Got with Led today to see if your "Ring Gear Guy" can help me. Maybe before Saturday?? I can't stay for Saturday noight or for the run on Sunday. It's my b-day and I want to spend it with my kids. :)

JohnJohn said:
I can't stay for Saturday noight or for the run on Sunday. It's my b-day and I want to spend it with my kids. :)

bring the kids!
that's my plan... though actually it will depend on the weather. i'm not gonna subject my
4 1/2 year-old to camping in the rain/snow, so for this trip i'll be a fair-weather wheeler only.

(keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine)

terry

P.S.
happy birthday.

GOSH I am out! :( :( :(

Work is making me come in..............:hang:

Back