• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chinamens gulch

nope... check the first page of this thread: april 16th & 17th.

Cool.. thanks for the update.. I think I'll probably just shoot for a long daytrip too.. hit chinamans gultch and drive home after a little dinner and schmoozin.... pending any breakages of course.. :rolleyes:

ok people are going, but is there going to be a caravan driving from the springs or not? i would like to go but being new to the area i do not know my way around yet. how hard is carnage? is there any minimum requirements that you need done to your rig before attempting this trail?

Dont know about a caravan but I'm sure one will happen.A good meeting place is probably the KFC on 31st & Colorado.Me and Led (and anyone else who wants to)are probably heading out Friday (the 15th) afternoon.

devilinside13 said:
ok people are going, but is there going to be a caravan driving from the springs or not? i would like to go but being new to the area i do not know my way around yet. how hard is carnage? is there any minimum requirements that you need done to your rig before attempting this trail?

I'm planning on going and leaving Saturday morning. We can ride together, I've been there before and can get you there. :thumbup: Unless you have a pretty serious rig you won't want to do carnage.

I wouldn't want to do Chinamen's in a stock XJ, some lift is good to have. It's always good to have strap attachment points, also, in case you need a pull.

Plan on about a 2 - 2.5 hour trip out there. If you haven't been up that way before it should be enjoyable, there is some great scenery!

JJacobs said:
Carnage is very hard, comparable to the Independence system supposedly.

Tis a bish! We got a guy on 33s (Bob Loose) but Led said never again. :D

RockTracXJ said:
I wouldn't want to do Chinamen's in a stock XJ, some lift is good to have.

We had a couple of stockies do it, you dont have to take hard lines! :laugh3: :D

hjeepxj said:
We had a couple of stockies do it, you dont have to take hard lines! :laugh3: :D

You mean they won't take the far left line here? (Whale rock?) :D

roll5mt.jpg

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/7713/roll5mt.jpg

RockTracXJ said:
You mean they won't take the far left line here? (Whale rock?) :D

:D

Is there any rule that only XJs can go on this trip? I've got a friend who is in the military and leaving the area soon. This would be his last chance to run all of Chinamans. It's a TJ with a budget boost and 31s but he got it to the top of the water fall last year before we had to turn around.

The_Rock said:
Is there any rule that only XJs can go on this trip? I've got a friend who is in the military and leaving the area soon. This would be his last chance to run all of Chinamans. It's a TJ with a budget boost and 31s but he got it to the top of the water fall last year before we had to turn around.

no comment on this one from anyone?

I have a buddy with a full size cherokee with a few very minor mods (14B rear, D60 front, 40's, tons of custom tube work, etc.. :) ) and I was thinking about asking him to come along if he wanted. I know he's been wanting to play around on Carnage BV for a while.

formatt said:
I have a buddy with a full size cherokee with a few very minor mods (14B rear, D60 front, 40's, tons of custom tube work, etc.. :) )

Sounds coooooooooooool. :D

WOW

That thing is a friggin BEAST!!

Any chance if I can't get my skids and tow hooks and stuff on my junkpile I could catch a back seat ride in one of the more extreme rigs?

I'd hate to miss out entirely....

I'm coming to the realization that NOTHING fits a jeep without a little massaging..

I dont think anyone of us would have a bitch about someone showing up that was not in a xj/mj, as long as they buy us a beer..........:cheers:

Citat3962 said:
WOW

That thing is a friggin BEAST!!

Any chance if I can't get my skids and tow hooks and stuff on my junkpile I could catch a back seat ride in one of the more extreme rigs?

I'd hate to miss out entirely....

I'm coming to the realization that NOTHING fits a jeep without a little massaging..

Hey man, if you need a hand, and dont have anything going, I can lend a hand after teh welding class this sat...:cheers:

I also have to get my junk ready to go, need to finish my brake job and trim teh fenders! (das what sunday's for).

Back