• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chess World Mourning!

jeeperjohn said:
Sad that he died. What did this guy have against the US that made him renounce his US citizenship?

He played a match in (I believe) Yugoslavia and his passport wasn't valid among other problems, so once he returned the US threatened to jail him, so he fled to Japan where they actually DID jail him for quite a while, and ever since he's been a USA hater.

There is a short writeup on his life here if anyone is interested:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4392

Skwerly said:
He played a match in (I believe) Yugoslavia and his passport wasn't valid among other problems, so once he returned the US threatened to jail him, so he fled to Japan where they actually DID jail him for quite a while, and ever since he's been a USA hater.

There is a short writeup on his life here if anyone is interested:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4392

You believe for a mother f*ucking moment that that was the reason he hated the US??

You ignorant little f*uck!!

I for one see no negatives in his death, the sick little bastard laughed about the attacks on the World Trade Center....

Anti-Sementic and anti-American fujck head!!

Oh...wow.....did I just say that all?

Oh well, I'm out of beer....

Rick

Jump This said:
You believe for a mother f*ucking moment that that was the reason he hated the US??

I for one see no negatives in his death, the sick little bastard laughed about the attacks on the World Trade Center....

Rick

WOW!!!

And I thought I posted up some weird stuff after a few drinks.. But you take the cake here.. LOL....

So Rick, how do you really feel about Fisher?? :explosion

Rick, step away from the internet... :rof:

E

Mr. Fischer's triumphs at the chessboard are beyond dispute.

In his years of reclusiveness Mr. Fischer became a raging anti-Semite. In 1992 he defied international sanctions against Yugoslavia by playing a high-profile match there even as the killing was ongoing in Bosnia. On Sept. 11, 2001, he told a Philippine radio station that the attacks on the World Trade Center were "wonderful news." He added that he hoped "the country will be taken over by the military, they'll close down all the synagogues, arrest all the Jews and secure hundreds of thousands of Jewish ringleaders."

Jump This said:

I've had no beer and agree with you 100%

I hope people dance on his grave.

Now if Britney Spears would kick the bucket.

OH, and I laugh at death all the time.

FishPOET said:
Mr. Fischer's triumphs at the chessboard are beyond dispute.

In his years of reclusiveness Mr. Fischer became a raging anti-Semite. In 1992 he defied international sanctions against Yugoslavia by playing a high-profile match there even as the killing was ongoing in Bosnia. On Sept. 11, 2001, he told a Philippine radio station that the attacks on the World Trade Center were "wonderful news." He added that he hoped "the country will be taken over by the military, they'll close down all the synagogues, arrest all the Jews and secure hundreds of thousands of Jewish ringleaders."
Yes, this is all true!! I am of the school of thought, however, that everyone is entitled to their opinion. If the man hated the USA, for valid or non-valid reasons, he has the right to do that! Just as I may not appreciate communism or Honda Civics with rear wings that look like they would be useless under 140 mph, Bobby Fischer is welcome to think whatever he likes!

Was he a paranoid lunatic? Yea, probably. Did he have a lot of friends? Hell no. Was he even a nice guy? Nope. But being an extreme chess enthusiast, I put what he did on the chessboard above whatever paranoid, wacko views he had. His I.Q. was over 180, and whenever someone approaches the 200 mark, they seem to get a bit "odd". I can't say what was in his mind, my I.Q. is AT LEAST 50 or 60 below his, and that is a rather large margin! What will be remembered, whether he was thrilled about 911 or not, is that he BEAT RUSSIA in the middle of the Cold War. He was an unbeatable, unstopable machine who consistently shut down the competition, and that puts me in a state of awe.

As for me being ignorant, I am not here to opine on someone whom I've never met, I'm only relaying what the media has told us, since that is my only avenue of information on the man. I've never talked with him, nor anyone who has ever met him, so I can't properly say conclusively why he hated the USA, I was simply giving a broad OVERVIEW of his life, and some of the major occurences :). Yes, I know a hell of a lot about chess, and Fischer himself. I just did not feel this was the medium to go into a diatribe of details.

The loss of his skills on the board are in fact going to be something that the chess community will morn no matter who he was or what he believed in. I by far am not a chess player but I do how the loss is something to be mourned.

For the gear heads it would be a lot like when Henry Ford died, same level of respect in his community and same level of effect on his field.

oh yeah before I forget
F%&K off if you cant show some respect or post some thing in your own thread if you truly need to be negative

WTF?>??
Guys...don't confuse Henry Ford with Bobby Fisher.
There couldn't be two different people...
Remember Henry Ford was the first to build the assembly line, and the first to pay an hourly wage of an unheard of $5.00!

(ookay so he would later said that the $5 was the worst mistake of his life..)

But really...you can give a guy credit for his accomplishments but you shouldn't separate the man from his life. The guy was the single most accomplished chess player of his time....
But what did he do with it?
He decided to blame the world for all of his 'injustices' .....rather than take a closer look at what was going on around him.. He constantly 'blamed' someone for anything he thought was going wrong with his life.
You couldn't give Barry Bonds any credit for what he has done...don't give this fucktard any credit for being human....

Did any of that make any sense?

F*uck.....I gotta' take a break...

and Skwerly...you are allowed to have an opinion totally different than mine, and you still can be right....

Rick

Bonds? Huh? How many less would he have hit without steroids?

I don't think Fisher ever took any chess enhancing drugs (though a little prozac might have gone a looooong way!)

I didn't care for Fisher about his politics and such, but Bonds is a fake.

bburge

As way of explaination for Rick...

See, he lost it at an early age as a contractor. This young woman wanted a tile pattern that had a line going from one corner of the room to the other. Only problem was the room was one tile off off being square. Later, he pulled most of his hair out on a job where the young beautiful woman wanted this rectangle pattern perfectly fitting in a square room.

The confusion was too much for his young mind, checkers boards drove him insane.

Tic Tac Toe will get you killed if you mention playing out on the trail...

:D

--ron

Is THAT what happened?!?!

That would explain his response when I said I wanted my kitchen tile done in a pattern where the colors laid out in moves of all the different chess pieces COMBINED! ;)

Nah, Rick's OK, most people just aren't aware that "rick" is his MIDDLE name and his first initial is "P". It takes a certain loonacy to live in the desert. I lived outside of Palm Springs (waaaaaay outside) from when I was 2 until I was almost 15 and I turned out OK! :D

(Most of you haven't had the distinction of abandoning Rick in the middle of a different desert, like me and Ryan! :kissyou: )

bburge

Captain Ron said:
As way of explaination for Rick...

See, he lost it at an early age as a contractor. This young woman wanted a tile pattern that had a line going from one corner of the room to the other. Only problem was the room was one tile off off being square. Later, he pulled most of his hair out on a job where the young beautiful woman wanted this rectangle pattern perfectly fitting in a square room.

The confusion was too much for his young mind, checkers boards drove him insane.

Tic Tac Toe will get you killed if you mention playing out on the trail...

:D

--ron

LOL

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That explains everything.. Rick, want to play a game of chess??

E

Back