• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Monster Truck!!!!

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
see here:
bling

big 31's....

full tint...

glued-on hood cowl...

leather!!!

"It runs and drives good.It has shaved door handles and the popers do not work,door opens buy a string !"

Bueller?

p.s. spellcheck anyone?

How the hell did he fit that leather from a grand cherokee in there!? Is there an adapter you can buy. Thats something Ive been looking into for a long time.

hmm well hes right about the tires being mickeys but they arent claws for sure, i think they are the baja belted's. and im pretty sure those wheels look like polished aluminum not chrome.

kolby

What's the crack about glued on hood scoop? I'm a body guy and my whole front sheetmetal is glued on. Really. :repair:

old_man said:
What's the crack about glued on hood scoop? I'm a body guy and my whole front sheetmetal is glued on. Really. :repair:

Ok, I'll be the jagbag who bites on this one..."How's that workin' out for ya?" LOL. Sorry, couldn't pass it up :roll:

My rig is an 85XJ, you know the one set up for the short 4 banger. Well now it has a 4.7L stroker. You have to cut the front sheetmetal off that holds the head lights and the radiator cross member. I used a professional two part glue made for body work by SEM. Many new cars have the panels glued on because it gets rid of warping. This glue is stronger than the base metal. The applicator is about $75 and the glue is about $30 a tube set. It premixes it in the applicator tip. I glued the later model pieces back on. Later I added 4 self tapping screws but the front is really glued on. I rolled it and mashed the header and it never let go.

old_man said:
My rig is an 85XJ, you know the one set up for the short 4 banger. Well now it has a 4.7L stroker. You have to cut the front sheetmetal off that holds the head lights and the radiator cross member. I used a professional two part glue made for body work by SEM. Many new cars have the panels glued on because it gets rid of warping. This glue is stronger than the base metal. The applicator is about $75 and the glue is about $30 a tube set. It premixes it in the applicator tip. I glued the later model pieces back on. Later I added 4 self tapping screws but the front is really glued on. I rolled it and mashed the header and it never let go.
I'll back you on that one, I'm in the same line of work.I honestly believe for sheetmetal it can be stronger than welding, definately stronger that spot welding on sheetmetal IF DONE RIGHT.No warping,doesn't promote rust like welding,very fast and easy, alot less grinding, I use the 3M panel bonding adhesive version.I recently put ford flares on my XJ ,as you could imagine mounting them would be a real problem so I used the adhesive ,If I needed them off I'd probably have to use a sawzal and grinder! This is a great tool for someone without welding skills to do some metal work on their vehicle, I've also seen it used to glue in rust patches,but must be very clean.I'm doing a Cheromanche conversion and will be using it where I can.There are several companies that make it 3M,U-poll,SEM,Fusor.I've used all them but like the 3M best,if I need to weld near it the heat has no effect on it, 3M says it only makes it stronger.All in all great stuff!

Hmmm on that note: I will have rear wheel wells which have been cut and folded and I'm not sure if spot welds were cut out or cut along and I have to clean it up. Based on what you're saying it sounds like I should be able to use some good glue and put a nice layer on top and make it hold good?

hackedxj said:
I'll back you on that one, I'm in the same line of work.I honestly believe for sheetmetal it can be stronger than welding, definately stronger that spot welding on sheetmetal IF DONE RIGHT.No warping,doesn't promote rust like welding,very fast and easy, alot less grinding, I use the 3M panel bonding adhesive version.I recently put ford flares on my XJ ,as you could imagine mounting them would be a real problem so I used the adhesive ,If I needed them off I'd probably have to use a sawzal and grinder! This is a great tool for someone without welding skills to do some metal work on their vehicle, I've also seen it used to glue in rust patches,but must be very clean.I'm doing a Cheromanche conversion and will be using it where I can.There are several companies that make it 3M,U-poll,SEM,Fusor.I've used all them but like the 3M best,if I need to weld near it the heat has no effect on it, 3M says it only makes it stronger.All in all great stuff!

Whats the problem with it I like the look of it. Maybe not a Monster Truck Cherokee buy he got everyone of you to look at it. I would drive it in a heartbeat. As for the cowl who cares as long as it stays and also you really dont know if its functional or not. I worked in a stereo shop for a couple year installing stereos and alarms and the door poppers are a pretty simple fix just probably need to be rewired or maybe new actuators. As for the Big 31s hes right for 31s they are big.
DIG IT

Kejtar said:
Hmmm on that note: I will have rear wheel wells which have been cut and folded and I'm not sure if spot welds were cut out or cut along and I have to clean it up. Based on what you're saying it sounds like I should be able to use some good glue and put a nice layer on top and make it hold good?
To get maximum strenght the two panels to be joined must be ground to the metal then lapped usely about 1/2 of an inch or more or used in a pinch weld situation. If I understand you correctly it may be hard for you to get the adhesive between the panels as they are already crimped under, just putting it on top wouldn't help alot.Is this what you have?

hackedxj said:
To get maximum strenght the two panels to be joined must be ground to the metal then lapped usely about 1/2 of an inch or more or used in a pinch weld situation. If I understand you correctly it may be hard for you to get the adhesive between the panels as they are already crimped under, just putting it on top wouldn't help alot.Is this what you have?

I got pieces I can "unfold" and apply adhesive underneath

mgt said:
6" lift ????????
Yeah...3" in front and 3" in back! :roflmao: The 1 bid winner was "hondaplaya7" who wasted $1500 on it...quite a shame.

Back