• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee budget turbo build thread

unfortunately i have no pics of it being in the new location, and that jeep is unfortunately gone due to completely rusting out. right now i am in the process of putting the kit on my newly acquired 89 comanche. so as soon as i get rolling on that i will get pics up. yea i did take the factory header and cut it just below where the three pipes go into one. then brought it forward into a 2.5 inch collector. went under the motor mount and then up to the turbo. i think i figured it up to be right around $700 in the whole thing.

Last edited:
Go buy a Ebay Intercooler there cheap and work good, YOU will BE WAY HAPPIER Since the intake air temps are well over 250degrees right now. I have Owned and Built alot of turbo vehicles so im not shooting from the hip. You will gain 20 to 30 HP Just like that~

oh i know, i am working on one. the only problem is that there is no room in the xj/mj's. and i am not putting the intercooler infront of the grille. so that is going to be the next big obstacle.

oh i know, i am working on one. the only problem is that there is no room in the xj/mj's. and i am not putting the intercooler infront of the grille. so that is going to be the next big obstacle.

Strap it to the roof at an angle so It can also be a spoiler! :D

meth would def. be the way to go but when you look a prices the intercooler wins. you can get a good ebay one for $80 and figure out where to put it or spend $300 plus on the meth kit......

yeah i have a spray bar. and two used nitrous bottles, . lol there is still the dilema with where to put it. i took the a/c condensor out and it gave me bout 2 more inches. so we will c soon

where did you get your oil feed line from? What should i do about my ecu its a 99? I like the idea of a top mount

Make your own from stainless braided 3AN line. As for Fuel/Ignition control, look into the AEM FI/C controller (PN 10-1913). It will work just fine for your 99. They now also make an ECU patch harness that will make install and removal easy as mac and cheese.

I also have a 99 ;)

yea i used -4an line for my oil feed. just T'd off of the oil pressure switch. i have a greddy e-manage ultimate that i am using for fuel and timing. bud used it on his turboed supra and had no problem with it. i would worry about heat with a top mount. thats my only fear.

used the factory motor. it was out of a 98 wrangler with 65000 miles on it. they say as long as you keep it about 5-6psi and under ull have no problems with it. all u need is a lil extra fuel. anything above and you have to start messing with timing and all that fun stuff. i have been running 5psi for 2 years now and have had no problems.

used the factory motor. it was out of a 98 wrangler with 65000 miles on it. they say as long as you keep it about 5-6psi and under ull have no problems with it. all u need is a lil extra fuel. anything above and you have to start messing with timing and all that fun stuff. i have been running 5psi for 2 years now and have had no problems.

So you ran the stock ECU with just bigger injectors? Did you have a AFPR or anything like that?

unfortunately not. and that was a big mistake. the jeep ran better turbocharged that it did when it wasn't. i could seriously kick my self is the ass for not keeping it and the harness.

Back