• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out my new Shaft

fdsa487 said:
So, drop bracket would be a good fix for this is what your saying? Or long arms?

Either. Think about the arc that the control arms travel through as the suspension droops. The steeper the control arm angles at static height, the more the axle tends to move in a horizontal plane as the suspension droops.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Either. Think about the arc that the control arms travel through as the suspension droops. The steeper the control arm angles at static height, the more the axle tends to move in a horizontal plane as the suspension droops.

CRASH

Got it... and when the axel travels horizontally it causes slow damage.

fdsa487 said:
Got it... and when the axel travels horizontally it causes slow damage.

Or instant damage if you unload the axle quickly, the shaft bottoms, and the front bearing retainer of the transfer case cracks.

Cool well i totally found the grease fittings on both my front and rear drive shafts and greased them up until they could not grease no more. So i feel better now knowing that they are full of grease. The long arms are being saved for right now slowly but surely. TNT kit for sure.

CRASH said:
Or instant damage if you unload the axle quickly, the shaft bottoms, and the front bearing retainer of the transfer case cracks.

EastCounty driveshaft :)

had them do 1 of mine, then after it twisted I said screw it and started building my own

Redcbr007 said:
EastCounty driveshaft :)

had them do 1 of mine, then after it twisted I said screw it and started building my own

Im not that good... Maybe if i had the time to work on it but its my daily driver. I have a 03' Ninja but i dont like driving that every day.

yah, I hear 'ya. Mine is a trailer queen so If the shaft variance is off by a few hundred's of an inch; I never get it fast enough to notice the vibes

Back