• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap bilstien vendors?

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
I found a shop that has 5150's in stock for $125 but will match any price I find on-line. Does anybody no of a vender that sells them for significantly less?

jjvande said:
is that with, or w/o the res?

I hope with.. Since mad4x4 sells them with for only 170 also, and in stock...

I want to buy a set of shocks the 5150's for $89 each is a great price. I had a set of 7100's in my Ram and By far the best shocks I've ever owned.
Well, my question is: Should I buy 12" travel for the front and 9" travel for the rear? or should I buy 12" travel all around?
Now, the valving: In my truck I had 255/70, wich valving are you guys running?, I read that some are using that same valving, but I find that it could be very stiff for the XJ.

My XJ specs: 1990 Limited, 4.0, AW4, 242, 33's 6" lift. bla bla bla....

I have 5125's in the front and 7100's in the rear valved 270/55, and am satisfied with both. Yes, its a little firm, but it makes for a nice stable ride.

jjvande said:
is that with, or w/o the res?
With Res and also short body, meaning it is a 12" travel shock in a 10"travel shock body. Valving is 275/78 in front and still deciding on the rears.

Skullvarian said:
With Res and also short body, meaning it is a 12" travel shock in a 10"travel shock body. Valving is 275/78 in front and still deciding on the rears.

I just put that exact shock on the rear of a 4 link conversion I did for a CJ-7. It was a Bit soft but seems like it will work nicely..

Project XJ was using 10 in travel 25.91 ext. all the way around with RE 5.5 and TnT long arms. Not sure about the valving. I am trying to order some 5150's myself and found them at Off Road Warehouse for 99 each with standard ground shipping. Summit has them for 109 shipping included.

Back