• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charouleau Gap Run Dec 16th

look forward to seeing you there. Drive safe:gee:

For the Az members that haven't forwarded me their membership information, as soon as you can, I need:

Full name:

Screen name:

Member number:

I need to forward this information to the National Naxja BOD as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!! :wave1:

Unfortunately I have to go into Work Saturday ;(

but I am kind of new to AZ (not to NAXJA), but to AZ.

I'm in Peoria... how far away is Tuscon?

Oh... and let me know what I can do to help with the chapter stuff :)

Steven

LiquidOps said:
Unfortunately I have to go into Work Saturday ;(

but I am kind of new to AZ (not to NAXJA), but to AZ.

I'm in Peoria... how far away is Tuscon?

Oh... and let me know what I can do to help with the chapter stuff :)

Steven

You're probably 2 hours away, depending on traffic and how long it takes you to get to I-10.

Will be in touch regarding assistance with the chapter. Will need someone in your neck of the woods to help out!

Thanks,

fluids checked, bolts torqued, oil changed. Time to rock & roll!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning. I'll be at the McDonalds around 0800.

Bring lunch, cameras and anything you feel is necessary. Supposed to be windy but sunny and warm!!

azdesertrhino said:
fluids checked, bolts torqued, oil changed. Time to rock & roll!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning. I'll be at the McDonalds around 0800.

Bring lunch, cameras and anything you feel is necessary. Supposed to be windy but sunny and warm!!

Same here 8 am for a McGriddle....

CommandoXJ96 said:
I'll see you all for breakfest too i guess. I've run parts of the gap before... But outa curousity; am I the only person running without a locker or sliders? I'm not really concerned, just curious. :)

I don't think Justin is locked but I may be mistaken, not sure about everyone else.

azdesertrhino said:
I don't think Justin is locked but I may be mistaken, not sure about everyone else.

im lsd in resr open in front
the lsd in the rear has a couple extra clutches stuffed in it so its kinda tight. im hoping santa brings me an aussie for the front
ive been a good boy this year,sorta............

justin

I may be a little late. Still trying to get the kids out of the house. I'll catch up. If you see a green XJ in your rear view it's me.

Well, I heard ther was some carnage on the trail yesterday. I wish I was there. I have been looking forward to this run for a long time but turns out my body had other ideas. I ended up in the hospital with kidney stones instead. I will be doing some kind of run when I pass these damn things so keep looking if you still want to run this year.

:rtm:

Great pics. Most of mine are the same just from different angles. I'll post them as soon as I get them on my bro's site. Here’s a little trail report for all those who couldn’t make it. Let me know if I get any of the “handles” wrong.

There were a few problems. First Zip busted his clutch pedal. We tried to do a field weld on it using 2 batteries, but that didn't work. He ended up completing the run with no clutch. azxj87 pretzeled a drive shaft. He had a spare but it turned out to be a couple inches too long. Unfortunately he had to turn back. XJSROCK caught the corner of her C-Roc bumper with her tire and wedged it. After fixing it and then having her rebend it at the next rough section of trail we ended up hacking a couple inches off the end. CommandoXJ96 had some mysterious engine problem. It would crank but wouldn't start. We waited a few minutes for the engine fairy to show up and it started fine and never gave him any more problems. arizona xj bent the rear bumper on his J20. Nothing major but I'll count it as carnage. I think only azdesertrhino and myself drove away unscathed.

With everything that went wrong we never did finish the trail. We made it to the gap and turned around. We got off the trail at dusk.

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a great time. Everyone helped out best they could for the multitude of problems we were presented with. Even though we didn’t finish the trail I don’t think anybody was disappointed with the run. I know I wasn’t. We’ll have to try it again some time to see if we can make it a little farther.

Great pics. Most of mine are the same just from different angles. I'll post them as soon as I get them on my bro's site. Here’s a little trail report for all those who couldn’t make it. Let me know if I get any of the “handles” wrong.

There were a few problems. First Zip busted his clutch pedal. We tried to do a field weld on it using 2 batteries, but that didn't work. He ended up completing the run with no clutch. azxj87 pretzeled a drive shaft. He had a spare but it turned out to be a couple inches too long. Unfortunately he had to turn back. XJSROCK caught the corner of her C-Roc bumper with her tire and wedged it. After fixing it and then having her rebend it at the next rough section of trail we ended up hacking a couple inches off the end. CommandoXJ96 had some mysterious engine problem. It would crank but wouldn't start. We waited a few minutes for the engine fairy to show up and it started fine and never gave him any more problems. arizona xj bent the rear bumper on his J20. Nothing major but I'll count it as carnage. I think only azdesertrhino and myself drove away unscathed.

With everything that went wrong we never did finish the trail. We made it to the gap and turned around. We got off the trail at dusk.

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a great time. Everyone helped out best they could for the multitude of problems we were presented with. Even though we didn’t finish the trail I don’t think anybody was disappointed with the run. I know I wasn’t. We’ll have to try it again some time to see if we can make it a little farther.

Hi guys. I finally got home around 10pm. I had another little problem on the way out of Tucson. I stopped at a service station and when I pulled out my XJ started vibrating violently. I turned into the nearest street and "bounced" from the right lane into the left lane just short of the guard rail when I finally got the XJ to stop. I pulled over and called Jim. I'd lost a nut from the steering stabilizer bracket. Of course Jim just happened to have the right size nut and once again he saved the day.

Lots of fun yesterday. Thanks to everyone.

I’m glad you made it home okay, sandy. Sometimes the gap keeps on giving even after you leave. Over the years I have had more carnage in the gap than trails much worse than it. One time a few years ago I got home to find most of my (then) stock suspension had broken off the frame and I never felt a thing. We came down the west side in the dark and I couldn’t see a thing. The funniest part was when I came down hard on a big rock and my side mirrors popped the glass right out of molding and broke on the boulder I had just banged my frame on.

Well we had a blast and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to many trips together in the future, at least we got the question of who will help out when things go bad on the trail:gee: out of the way.... :clap:EVERYONE:clap:

Last edited:
Dang, how did I get a double post? Anybody know how to delete one of them?

Back