• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charouleau Gap Run Dec 16th

IM HOPING WE DO THE WHOLE TRAIL THATS WHAT IM PLANNING ON
THE ORACLE AND MCGEE CHEVRON IS THE ONE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT
SHOULD BE A FUN DAY. ID SAY ABOUT 9:15-9:30 AT THE WEST TRAIL HEAD IS PRETTY ACCURATE GUESS STEVE. I LOVE THE J-20 AND WONT LEAVE WITHOUT YOU.

Zipdrive007, If my daughter and her friend go to a party like they plan, I will have an open seat ... if you promise to become a member. :D

I should know for sure early next week.

azxj87 said:
call me and well set up some time to make your sliders,i need to get down to southwest steel and get some material

the chevron is at oracle and mcgee ill be there 8:15-8:30

justin

I'd love to head south and run this with you guys, no way I'll make it by 8am.. maybe after the MJ's done we can get a camp trip down there..

Dave

AZXJ said:
I'd love to head south and run this with you guys, no way I'll make it by 8am.. maybe after the MJ's done we can get a camp trip down there..

Dave

Dave,

It would be great to get out on the trail with you. Let you see what the rig can do!! :clap:

Maybe after the holidays we can do something a little closer to you. Florence Junction area or something like that.

Kick it around and let me know if you have some ideas!!

Hey I'd like to go too. I'm from Phoenix. How long does it take to run the trail? Where can I see some pics?
Thanks,

Chandler, AZ

XJSROCK said:
Hey I'd like to go too. I'm from Phoenix. How long does it take to run the trail? Where can I see some pics?
Thanks,

Chandler, AZ

I'd rate the trail a good 3, maybe 3.5 in areas. Takes most of the day to run the whole thing depending on how long we stop to play in different areas.

Pix from the last time I ran it below.

http://tucsonxj.com/pix/thumbnails.php?album=4

o2bgpn said:
Zipdrive007, If my daughter and her friend go to a party like they plan, I will have an open seat ... if you promise to become a member. :D

I should know for sure early next week.

Thanks for the offer friend, but I was just messin with Brian, ill be there with my girl and "Smash" I love the Gap its a fun trail

azdesertrhino said:
I'd rate the trail a good 3, maybe 3.5 in areas. Takes most of the day to run the whole thing depending on how long we stop to play in different areas.

Pix from the last time I ran it below.

http://tucsonxj.com/pix/thumbnails.php?album=4

Jim,

I built her rig.. Arb's F & R D44 rear, she can run a 4+ but won't scratch the perdy thing..

Sandy... Get your membership in!!!! We need some more folks for aour own chapter!!!

Dave

Zipdrive007 said:
im to scared to run the gap can i ride with someone?
When I used to live in Tucson, I would run the Gap in my stock 94 Tracker. I never got all the way through the very end, but I made it through a pretty good chunk of it in that thing. It was never pretty (how the Tracker got through, the scenery up there is gorgeous), but it made it. I took my XJ there equipped as noted in my sig, along with a friend in a Tacoma TRD and the XJ made it so much smoother. I could walk up stuff that required clutch slippage (lots of it), high revs and momentum in the Tracker. Great trail, challenging, lots of fun, but not to be afraid of. Unless you can't drive and fall off the mountain.... :D

EDIT: Now that I've read the whole thread, I realize you were joking...I kinda suspected it from the big smiley in the header, but...what can I say. I miss Tucson. I miss my Rillito wash, my Charouleau Gap and Cheeva Falls trails. So as a result I liek to talk about em.;)

Last edited:
BlackSport96 said:
EDIT: Now that I've read the whole thread, I realize you were joking...I kinda suspected it from the big smiley in the header, but...what can I say. I miss Tucson. I miss my Rillito wash, my Charouleau Gap and Cheeva Falls trails. So as a result I liek to talk about em.;)

Its all good

I agree with ZipDrive007, He just might be a Tard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Just kidding. Just look for the place with all the HMV's in the parking lot. LOL

I think that maybe we should try to get to the Chevron/McDonalds around 8. That way we can maybe discuss what we are going to do about the leadership of this chaptor.We will need people to get the RED tape done and yada yada yada.......

What do you guys think?

RockingAz said:
I think that maybe we should try to get to the Chevron/McDonalds around 8. That way we can maybe discuss what we are going to do about the leadership of this chaptor.We will need people to get the RED tape done and yada yada yada.......

What do you guys think?

Not all the folks involved in the starting of this chapter are going to be at the Charlou Gap run. Some are in Phoenix and other parts of the state. Everyone involved needs to have a say in the first BOD of the Arizona chapter.

I started a thread earlier this morning regarding the start up of the chapter. I think we should start posting input and ideas regarding these issues in that thread, IMHO. :wave1:

The thread is here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=900062

azdesertrhino said:
Not all the folks involved in the starting of this chapter are going to be at the Charlou Gap run.

WHAT you mean we have to think of others...Oh hell im out, I just want to think about myself.

j/k

I agree this isnt a Tucson Chapter and input is needed from all of AZ besides thats the fair thing to do. Maybe a set time, something central for a meet-n-greet for those interested?

And yes, I agree. We should involve the ENTIRE group from AZ, thats what this is all about. I am already stoked about this chapter in AZ. I cant wait till we can get some weekend camping runs together and explore this awsome state of ours the way most people just dream about.

:cheers:

Back