• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Moab run 2010! MAY 21 - 23

What weekend works best for you? You can pick more than one.

• Last weekend in April

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • First weekend in May

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 2nd weekend in May

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3rd weekend in May

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
I gave him a ride into Rifle, and he got a hold of a towing company, and said he was all set.

Bummer! He didn't have very good luck at the end of this trip.

We're trying to get all of our pics and vids on our computer, and then it will take awhile to get them on photobucket since I have a slow connection.

Yeah, I uploaded one video to youtube, and it is still processing it. I've only got the photos onto the computer.

I stopped and looked for Terry also. A little later Troy pasted me with him.

Something came apart in the haulers rebuilt motor. I'm thinking valve train.

Fred gave me a ride to Rifle and Troy gave me a ride home, Huge Thanks to both of them and thanks everyone for the concern and for checking. What a great group of wheelers we have in NAXJA, always ready to help when needed.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm going back up there tomorrow with a truck and trailer. Couldn't get a tow company to come out. Hard to describe the rig and convince them to haul it I guess.

I still have some logistics to figure out on how to get both vehicles home, but I think the trailers big enough to haul each vehicle seperately, so I'll probably make two trips. And maybe I can get a tow company to help me load the hauler since some winching will be needed to get it on the trailer.

I do have video of John on double whammy and alot of other stuff. I'll get it posted and a way for you guys to download it sometime as soon as possible.

Thanks again everyone!!

Terry, I could help you tomorrow. I could bring my truck and trailer and we could hall the jeep on one trailer and the truck on the other.

Rick

303-772-7585

We're still hanging at Slickrock, milking an epic weekend for all it's worth. We did Fins n Things this afternoon in a duststorm, but still had a great time.

Glad you've got that worked Terry. SteveT, Zith, J-9 and I figured out how to get you home. Back the XJ so the rear wheels are on the ground, run your hand throttle into the cab of the hauler and you're good to go!

Let us know if we can help from this end.
My number 7-3 Zed 8 48 Zed 1
--Tom

Terry, I could help you tomorrow. I could bring my truck and trailer and we could hall the jeep on one trailer and the truck on the other.

Rick

303-772-7585

Thanks Rick, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY nice of you to offer!! I just can't ask anybody to make a trip up there, at least not until I know more. I've had the same offer from a couple other great people!!

I think I'll pull a valve cover and try to see what's wrong with the hauler engine, maybe it can be fixed there. And I'll talk to some shops in Rifle today, see if there's anyone that could/would work on it. Or see if there's a place I can find to store it for a few days, get parts and come fix it myself. Depending how bad it looks.

I also want to see if the hauler will actually fit on a 16' trailer, if it does, I'll find a place to park the jeep and take the hauler home first.

I'm leaving shortly, once I get up there I'll start figuring out my options.... I hope.

I kind of like the Idea from Tom, I'd also need to run a really long hose to the brake booster of the hauler so I could stop the thing :greensmok:greensmok

Glad I could help you out Terry. I just wish I didn't have a bunch of things to get done today before work Tuesday so I could help haul one of the rigs home.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted on how things progress from here. Don't hesitate to post up if you need anything. :thumbup:

Terry, I hope you are in the process of picking up your xj. I just got a call from Ben_Dyer, he said your hauler is still there but your xj is gone.

Just spoke with Terry on the side of the road. He's got the XJ on the way to Rifle and they're coming back for the hauler. So he's in good shape. He pointed out it was a good thing the XJ broke and he left a day early so he had today to deal with all this.

--Tom

A few pics:

One of many reasons to hit Moab in the Spring

100_0364-Copy.jpg

Zith near the start of Steel Bender

100_0356.jpg

The BOR rig looking pretty on Steel Bender

100_0381.jpg

Ranger Rick and fireLt launching up on Steel Bender

100_0371.jpg

100_0369.jpg

The Steel Bender group on a fin

100_0373.jpg

100_0374.jpg

Beezle's friend Mike in his "Grand Hero" on Poison Spider

100_0412.jpg

Cont'd.......

Some of those that dropped into Hell's Gate: TomMcD, METALMONKEY, Beezle, Ben_Dyer, zith, J-9

100_0400.jpg

100_0402.jpg

100_0405.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0393.jpg

100_0396.jpg

Unfortunately no pics of 'em going up H.G. Terry (87xjco) was spotting us down..... I was busy spotting 'em up.... :D

That's all I really took worth posting up. Should be some great shots coming from the others! :thumbup:

Had a great time everyone!! I didn't get much pics because I was driving so I'm looking forward to seeing everybody elses.

Got to meet alot of new people and experience Moab to its fullest and for that I would like to thank everyone that made it out there!! Also a special thanks to Troy for putting it together and to Kevin for letting us crash at his camp!

just got home -- Sheila came down with the flu or something this morning, so we had to bag our Great Sand Dunes/Medano plan for the drive home and stick with I-70... I saw Terry's hauler-rig there near Rifle, and pulled over, but since noone was there I kept on going... Fred had called me yesterday evening to let me know he had gotten Terry to Rifle, so I knew he wasn't stranded IN the heep -- hope it worked out ok to get it home.

I'll work on downloading all our photos/videos in the next day or two. The morning after Hell's Revenge with the group, we packed up camp at Arches and moved to the La Quinta -- 60mph gusts and 30mph sustained in the park just wasn't a hell of a lot of fun. We took the 4wheel road out to Tower Arch on Saturday, and then went out to Dead Horse Point and ran Spring Canyon trail down to the Green River on Sunday -- cool shelf road.

Great to put faces/names with screen-names, and thanks to all for such a great time!:sunshine:

Back